Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

is Dechambeau the future of golf?   Golf talk

Started Jul-8 by HAX (CVeratanictu); 2014 views.
Somebody threw a monkey wrench into his machine today.
In reply toRe: msg 1
Bryson looked like he was giving those two officials a little roid rage on No. 15 on Friday.
HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-18

I did the 5-3-1 workout before I started seeing my kidney function take a dive, and I saw VERY quick results in both strength and fat loss and size.  I worked my hind end off.  It's possible without steroids, but to me, quick was like 18 months.

Doing what he did in a 3 month period of time...I am not going to say it's impossible, but I will say it's highly unlikely.

It is also possible that with his job, his amount of money/sponsors and his devotion to 'his job'...combined with being an elite athlete that he has done what very few cannot or will not do.

It's also possible that with his job, his amount of money/sponsors and his devotion to 'his job...combined wit being an elite athlete that he had some supplemental assistance to maximize his hard work.

I personally do not care and love to see the human body maximized and perform at top levels like that.  I wish all Pro Sports were 'no holds barred' on PEDs.

Art.. (ArtMBGolf)

Jul-18

Golf has random drug testing, so that is something for him to consider.   

They may have suspended that for now.  

The Tour doesn't announce results, but when someone doesn't play for 3 or 6 months, it could be that, but they will probably say they were injured.  

Stu1961

Jul-18

Well then, to be fair, Bryson began his transformation 10 months ago - not 3.  Possible?  I think so.  Easily, even.

Coming out of college I was 240 to 245 pounds, at a little over 6' 2", playing rugby.  Within 6 months I dropped to a low of 162 and settled between 165-170 to play tennis.

Workout: 150 sit-ups and push-ups, 3 times every day, one or two gym sessions, 3 mile run each morning, and a couple of tennis matches each day (usually scheduled back-to-back, even in 90° days).   Diet didn't change much aside from dropping all dairy, and red meat (more tuna than anyone should ever have to endure).  I was totally unrecognizable to some of my best friends in college when we met up around Thanksgiving.  I think "bulking up", or just training for strength would have been a lot easier.

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-19

Yep...10.months is definitely doable.

I was about 270 when I started playing rugby. In about 5 or 5 months I was 250 pounds...zero workout other than practice and going running on of days.

If hw hit it hard for 10-12 months...yes indeed...20-30 pounds and big strength gains are indeed possible.

The media was making it sound like he took a break during Covid and added 25 pounds really quickly.

Boomslang (DaveP8)

Jul-19

Reminds me of Lenny's swing.  He hasn't played since he fainted in the parking lot and crushed the back of his skull.

Dave P