Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Let’s talk about golf carts   Golf Equipment

Started Jul-8 by HAX (CVeratanictu); 338 views.
HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-8

The wife and I are looking at joining a CC and they allow personal carts.  I owned a gasoline cart in Iowa and loved it...but I think the CC requires electric.

Does anyone own a cart, and if so what are your likes/dislikes?  Which brand do you recommend? Any must have accessories?

RipperX

Jul-8

I think this would be perfect for you:

About Finn

Art.. (ArtMBGolf)

Jul-8

I never bought a golf cart.  I think you would have to calculate the cost of buying it compared to the cost of renting a course's cart, based on 
how much you play at your local course.   

Owning a cart seems popular where people drive golf carts around their community and to the course in the community. 

The ball/club cleaner is nice to have.     

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-9

I don't know about that, but I did play on one of these last year.  

It was interesting.  I liked it and it really does help to speed up play because everyone can just go directly to their ball.   You need to be on your guard, because it WILL try to throw you in a sharp turn...and by the end of the day , my feet were killing me because I was trying to 'grip the board' with my feet the whole day if that makes sense.

RipperX

Jul-9

That looks pretty cool too, but I sort of pictured you as a motorcycle guy!

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-9

I have never owned a 2 wheel motorcycle. I did have a couple of the original Honda ATC death machines...they were a blast!

I about killed myself 3 or 4 times on those three wheeled monsters.  Once they started bouncing, start looking for a place to bail.  Oh the good old days.

This one?

Attachments
HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-9

We had one in Iowa and it was worth it.

We are contemplating moving to a community that is very gold cart centric and they promote taking the cart from your home to the club/course and back.

They also have limited cart storage space and they have an annual pass for cart usage on the course.

I priced out a new decked put cart for my use and it looks like it is about $15k.