Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

AGM stop sliding in your swing   Swing Instructions, Tips, etc.

Started Jul-21 by HAX (CVeratanictu); 1241 views.
hookdeloft

Sep-24

HAX (CVeratanictu) said...

Another good video from Athletic golf motion.

https://youtu.be/j6SkUz3bxUY

I really like their videos, but that middle stick has got to hurt.

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Sep-26

It is going to be a while for me, but this is something I am still interested in.

can you give us an update on how this has helped you since the last time you posted?

geddlemon

Sep-27

You mean other than the $1600 cash in the console of my truck?

Seriously, I am definitely hitting the ball longer and higher. My drives have picked up around 20-30 yards and my irons at least one club length. I know what to do, but I still struggle with falling back to my old ways or some hybrid of the two swings. Sometimes I am still uncertain about club selection. For example, my old 7 iron was a 140 yd club, but on one occasion I hit it from 165 and was long. Crazy, I know. 

It really comes down to practicing what I learned as it is still not ingrained and old habits are hard to break. I did practice some right after that lesson, as we were leading into our member guest tournament, but I have not been very diligent about practice lately.

I'm taking a golf trip with my buddies this upcoming week and plan to practice more this week leading up to the trip. To answer your question, the lesson was spot on, and if I do what he taught me, it works well. I will certainly go back for a tune up at some time in the future. 

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Sep-27

Wow...20-30 yards off the fee is not insignificant.   Hell...that is downright amazing.

I can't wait to get to where I can travel so I can go do this.

geddlemon

Sep-28

Yes, the 20-30 yards is good, but understand that I was really short before, so I had a lot to gain. I've probably gone from about 220 to 240-250. So I'm not long by any standard, just longer than I was.

BTW, there is another guy that works with Sean who I hear is very good also, has the same access to the equipment, and is not quite as pricey.