Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I have a thing for boutique/odd brands   Golf Equipment

Started Jul-23 by HAX (CVeratanictu); 461 views.
HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-23

I just realized that I apparently have a “thing” for boutique/odd brands of golf gear.  Only my driver and old ass wedges are big brand clubs.  Everything else is boutique (edel) or odd/smaller company (Tour Edge, mascot, YES!).

As I am looking and experimenting with wedges, I just find myself drawn to stuff like Hogan, SCOR, Edison, and even highly custom stuff.  I look at Bokeys and Callaway and Ping and TM, and really have no interest...the Wilson PMP amd their new line of wedges I interest me.

i am sort of the same way with golf shafts and have always been that way...AJ Tech, Fenwick, Royal Precision.

Just an observation.

Boomslang (DaveP8)

Jul-23

I got a AJ Tech shafted Driver off of Lenny.  Loved those and the Phoenix shafts.  Of course Phoenix went out of business.

Dave P

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-23

I had a 10* PingWRX TiSI with an RUS Hosel and an AJ Tech Metal X Stiff flex shaft.  I murdered that club.  I had it in the bag a LONG time until it was replaced by the new 380-400cc drivers at the time.  

Art.. (ArtMBGolf)

Jul-23

Does Wishon or Golfworks qualify?  

It is interesting, when playing with non-GEA golfers, that they often have never heard or our boutique brand.   
They are curious how they are just as good as OEM.  

You can also get PXG.  :)  

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-23

I would totally count GS and GW as 'boutique'.  PXG...man, they just aren't my style.  

Ya know, if you're going to go for it why not go to Ft. Worth and get fitted?

https://www.artisangolftx.com/wedges

It's only money.

I'm a stiff standard flex, standard lie, standard loft, standard face angle, standard length kinda guy.  

I can't understand guys (like luvpings or BBG) that are constantly tinkering around with clubs or swings, or thoughts, or whatever.

I might tinker with my driver settings when I first buy it, but I always end up with standard/normal/normal/standard in the end.

flatstik (gregf82)

Aug-1

Ha!  Same here.  Lie is important so as long as I’m at about 61* @38” with a 5 iron, I’m usually good. 

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Aug-2

Drivers and woods are pretty standard in terms of fitting for me.  For normal irons, I am a +1” and 2* upright lie angle.

For my SL irons I am at 37.5” amd 2* upright.