Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Club head speed monitor? no ball?   Golf Equipment

Started Jul-27 by BOGEYSBGONE; 1053 views.
BOGEYSBGONE

Jul-27

Is there an inexpensive ($100ish) monitor that can read club head speed without using a ball?

Just club head speed without having to hit a ball - all other readings would be a bonus - but I don't care at this point.

Thanks.

Robb

Stu1961

Jul-27

The one I keep running into online, being advertised, is the PRGR Black Launch Monitor … but that's $195.  Maybe used on eBay?

I would be very interested to see alternatives in the price range given.  

BOGEYSBGONE

Jul-27

It's a start to my research - thanks!

Robb

In reply toRe: msg 1
BOGEYSBGONE

Jul-27

Suggestions were PRGR so far.  

Anyone use the SSR (Swing Speed Radar)?  Red and Blue models.  Says you don't need an actual ball but users say the actual speed is not accurate.  IMO if the relative speed is accurate thats good enough too....just want to know if I'm going "faster" or "slower" than a stated speed.   Anyone use one?

Thanks,

Robb

flatstik (gregf82)

Jul-27

I have the blue speed sensor and it works pretty well. I have even hit it a couple of times accidentally with a club head or shaft and Al Dilz, of the owner, has just sent me a new readout. He’s a great guy and it’s a pretty good product.

hardpan1

Jul-28

I've had the blue SSR for over 4yrs, once you figure where to place it, it seems to give accurate speeds (maybe a little low)  unamused

• Edited July 28, 2020 12:05 am  by  hardpan1
BOGEYSBGONE

Jul-28

Thanks - and don't need a real ball when you swing?

Robb

BOGEYSBGONE

Jul-28

Thanks Hp.   And you don't need to be hitting a real ball to get a clubhead speed (low or not)?   I assume that even if it reads your base-speed as 10 miles lower than actual, that if subsequent speeds are actually faster - that the SSR will still register as faster than the base speed?

Robb

hardpan1

Jul-28

"if it reads your base-speed as 10 miles lower than actual, that if subsequent speeds are actually faster - that the SSR will still register as faster than the base speed?"

Yes! sunglasses

golftool

Jul-28

Sport Swing radar is supposed to work with or without a ball. It's often used in conjunction with the SuperSpeed Golf training system. I have it and was using the two items together. Based on what I know of my swing, I'd say it's fairly accurate without a ball. 

Apparently, your speeds will be different with/without a ball due to the way you release the club at impact. 

• Edited July 28, 2020 7:26 pm  by  golftool