Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Trump floats plan to delay the election: You OK with this?   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Jul-30 by wrxgolfr; 1511 views.
wrxgolfr

Jul-30

To my right wing GEA brethren, I'm wondering:  Would you support Donald's plan to delay the election should he try to do so if he's convinced it's his only chance to avoid a move back to NYC? 

Also, do you find it odd that Fox News apparently hasn't found this atomic tweet worthy of reporting on its website?

Donald Trump has suggested a delay to November's presidential election, claiming it will be the "most inaccurate and fraudulent in history".

He floated the idea of a delay after criticising the country's plans for increased postal voting amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The US president wrote on Twitter: "With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history.

"It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???"

Election dates are set by the US Congress, and there are no constitutional provisions for a delay to the presidential inauguration in January 2021.

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-delay-election-because-it-will-be-the-most-inaccurate-and-fraudulent-in-history-12039192

BOGEYSBGONE

Jul-30

No - not ok with it.

By the same token -he's not the first person in Washington or elsewhere to talk about rigged elections.   Contesting election (voting) results is part of the process for the last 4 elections I'd guess...maybe longer.    Stuffing the ballot box is always a worry - moreso today with computers.

Personally -I think parts of the entire political system are rigged and biased in ways that I think have created a lot of the problems today.   From the voting systems; districting; career politicians that spend more time getting reelected as they do actual work.  Career government employees and political appointees - what a mess.   I'd love to have a system that is unrigged.  But I also think that it would change our lifestyles in ways we can't imagine.   

And lifestyle change is what I think a lot of Americans vote for/against - it's what we want and what we fear. 

Robb

wrxgolfr

Jul-30

BOGEYSBGONE said:

Personally -I think parts of the entire political system are rigged and biased in ways that I think have created a lot of the problems today. From the voting systems; districting; career politicians that spend more time getting reelected as they do actual work. Career government employees and political appointees - what a mess. I'd love to have a system that is unrigged.

Agreed

MikeJA

Jul-30

It's not going to happen, but it will be entertaining watching liberal heads explode over the suggestion.

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Jul-30

No.

I am not ok with it, nor am I ok with vote by mail.

NineMileSkid

Jul-30

If we can safely go to the liquor store, we can safely vote. So no, don't move election day, and no, do not allow mail-in voting. 

NineMileSkid

Jul-30

What makes you think Trump would try to delay the election, and how would he do so? The elections are run by state governments.

nwinjim

Jul-30

No, and in this case, I think it's a bit of a head fake by Trump to draw attention to the real possibility of massive voter fraud via a mail in process.

Tom0956i

Jul-30

They are administered by the States but the Federal Election Commission (?) sets the date, I think I heard yesterday.

Tom0956i

Jul-30

Yea...what Hax said. Not ok with either.