Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2020 Colt Python   Hax's Gun Room (Self defense: guns, knives, flamethrowers, etc)

Started Aug-2 by Foreleft; 310 views.
Foreleft

Aug-2

I saw a 4.25" in the local LGS for $1499.  Going in tomorrow to buy it.  Gun Broker, etc., are seeing prices at $2,000 and above.  Not buying it to flip, as I want it to shoot, but was unwilling to pay above retail.

Anyone else have one and thoughts?

That is my all time favorite handgun hands down.

No doubt you won't regret the purchase regardless of the price.  But man,  I would need a 6" barrel...even though it adds to the already heavy weight.

My dad was a firearms dealer and one time a guy from a  plating shop came in trying to sell his service.  My dad gave him his stainless python to plate to demonstrate his work beyond doing bluing.  IIRC he did trigger, hammer, sights, etc in gold and did an polish on the stainless that made it look like a mirror.  Man oh man did it ever look absolutely fantastic.  Probably not a good idea from todays collector perspective, but back in 1975 it was no big deal.  Made me a fan for life!

Boomslang (DaveP8)

Aug-2

I wish I had one.  A buddy of mine bought a 4" for $50 back in the late 80's from a desperate acquaintance.  We had a 6" at the Sporting Goods store I worked at.  I drooled over it a lot.  Wiped it down nearly every day.

Dave P

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Aug-8

I have a blue 4" Python that was made in the late 60s. The previous owner had the action smoothed up even more. This thing has the absolute smoothest DA trigger pull I have ever felt, and the SA pull is honestly a little scary.

The pistol is very accurate and is a joy to shoot.

I am not sure how the new ones will compare to the old ones, but the Colt "snake pistols " have always had a following.

If rhey brought the .44 magnum Anaconda back, it would fempt the hell out of me.

geddlemon

Aug-8

I have a King Cobra .357 that I bought new over 25 years ago. It's barely been shot, definitely less than 300-400 rounds. Any idea what something like that would be worth?

I don't need the money and I'm not planning on selling it, just curious.

Foreleft

Aug-8

If you go to gunbroker.com, you can get a pretty good idea

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Aug-9

The King Cobra will not garner Python prices, but it will fetch more than you paid for it.  Prices on quality revolvers have gone bananas.   Gunbroker can give you an idea of what they are selling for.