Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Floyd video leaked   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Aug-5 by Hammer Dog (jaime59); 503 views.
Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/08/04/floyd-bodycam-footage-leaked-next/

Some key points

This video will not bode well for the prosecution. A window into his mental state, layered w/ his toxicology report, the fact he began stating he couldn’t breathe long before prone or had any pressure applied. The event was tragic but the DA overcharged https://t.co/dDj50sqDxL

Floyd wouldn’t get into the squad car, saying he was claustrophobic. The officers struggled with him for around ten minutes, but were never able to get him securely inside the squad car. At one point he tumbled out the opposite door of the squad car, onto the street. The officers, believing correctly that Floyd was high on drugs, called for an ambulance.

Floyd complained of being unable to breathe long before anyone knelt on his neck. (Shortness of breath is a symptom of fentanyl overdose.) He apparently preferred being on the ground to being inside the squad car. One of his companions, his “ex” according to the Daily Mail, made a finger-twirling-next-to-the-temple gesture to explain his mental state.

A more likely explanation is drugs. The toxicology report that was part of his autopsy found that Floyd had 11 ng/mL of fentanyl in his blood, along with other drugs and metabolites. Published literature (based on a modest Google search) finds lethal overdoses of fentanyl down to 5 ng/mL, less than half the concentration in Floyd’s blood. If I am misreading the literature, I am happy to be corrected.

Just imagine what happens if the jury acquits the cop. 

flatstik (gregf82)

Aug-5

They should try the case in International Falls. Can’t get a fair jury in Minneapolis. 

MikeJA

Aug-5

The facts don't matter in this case.  Any juror that votes to acquit would have to go into the witness protection program.

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Depending on what judge is assigned the case, they might want to waive a jury trial.  That's what the six cops that were charged in the St. Freddie Gray case did, and all were acquitted by the black judge.

Charlie6D

Aug-5

That helps to explain a question/issue I raised on here just a day or two after this incident happened.  I asked how it was that the video that we were shown showed Floyd sitting calmly on the sidewalk, and the next thing we saw was Floyd lying in the street beside the car with the cop's knee on his neck.  I wondered (aloud) how things got from situation A which seemed very benign to situation B which seemed very dramatic.  Now I have a much better idea of how that happened.

Charlie--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stoneded

Aug-6

I'm not saying that the guy deserved to die, but now it is obvious that he was uncooperative and resisting from the gitgo.  Bottom line is that if he had just gotten into the patrol car none of that crap would have happened.   

REW37087

Aug-6

Then you wouldn't have street cred!!!!!   joy