Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Biopsy today...   Non-Golf Folder (General)

Started Aug-6 by HAX (CVeratanictu); 1068 views.
HAX (CVeratanictu)

Aug-6

So during the transplant workup process, I had my 6 month cancer surgery follow up.  Turns out I have a small hernia on my right side, which is what I feel by the scar tissue.  It also turns out that the nodule on my adrenal gland that was barely visible 11 months ago is now large enough that they want to do a biopsy to determine if it is malignant or benign.

The adrenal gland biopsy is not exactly easy.  Apparently we are trying to hit a bullet with a bullet (hitting a 2mm nodule with a needle while going through my body)...OH, and did I mention there's a good chance of puncturing the lung and dealign with a collapsed lung?  Yeah.  I am thrilled.

The spot is on the same side that my renal cancer was on...which honestly, does not give me a lot of confidence for a positive outcome when I get results.

There are 3 possible outcomes from today's biopsy.

1.  The nodule is benign, and nothing to worry about...full speed ahead with transplant.

2. The nodule is benign, but it needs to be removed.  This will require surgery, and will delay transplant, but it will still be happening.

3. The nodule is malignant, and I will undergo pretty much the same surgery I had a year ago to remove my old kidney as well as the entire right adrenal gland.  This will pretty much kill my transplant prospects for the next 2-5 years. A second occurrence of cancer, in the same 'region' is pretty much a guarantee of a 5 year wait.  

I am really hoping for outcome 1 or 2..  If it's 3, I am not going to freak out, I will just do what I have to do to get rid of the cancer, and then wait my time and move forward.

I am out of commission today starting about 815 AM and probably the rest of the day.  I won't totally be unconscious, but I will say this...the little cocktail of drugs they give you right before they knock you out is AWESOME!  

I hope this goes well, I have a tee time a week from today.

flatstik (gregf82)

Aug-6

Good luck - we’re all with you and pulling for you!

BOGEYSBGONE

Aug-6

I hope they give you a vagina by accident....I bet you'd have a great story from it.

See you on the tee next week.

Robb

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Aug-6

If they did...the first thing I'd do is see what I could fit up in it.

BOGEYSBGONE

Aug-6

HAX (CVeratanictu) said...

If they did...the first thing I'd do is see what I could fit up in it.

Nice!   What might be better than a who.

Robb

Prayers for sure.

And yeah, that knock-out cocktail is awesome.  At least for the 2-3 seconds one is still conscious and feeling it.  

Jerryclubdo1

Aug-6

Good luck and I hope everything is OK

In reply toRe: msg 8
HAX (CVeratanictu)

Aug-6

All done. No complications.

Time to wait or results.

Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers.

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Waves of positive vibes sent.