Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Car fault code reader   Non-Golf Folder (General)

Started Aug-11 by Anderson (dmurph3); 257 views.
Anderson (dmurph3)

Aug-11

Anyone here have a fault code reader that they use and recommend? Too many choices for me to decide without help. I have Toyota and Chevy trucks. Used to have the torque app on my samsung but can't find anything for iPhone. Found some inexpensive units on eBay but am sure that you get what you pay for. No pressing repair issues at the moment but want to have this in my arsenal. Thanks
Tom0956i

Aug-11

I've got one but I don't know what make/model. I know it's OBD II. There's not much to them but I believe if you'll spend $35-50, you'll have as good a one as you'll need. Maybe less...IDK.

• Edited August 11, 2020 3:57 pm  by  Tom0956i
Charlie6D

Aug-11

I have the Ancel AD310 code reader that I bought on Amazon about a year ago for about $35.  It works fine.  No need to spend any more than that, IMO.

Charlie------------------------------------------------------------------

Anderson (dmurph3)

Aug-28

Got the Ancel AD310. Exactly what I needed. Thanks
Charlie6D

Aug-28

You're welcome.  I've used mine on a couple of different vehicles and it seems to do everything that I want it to do.

Charlie-------------------------------------------------------------------------------