Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Biden to Obama...F U!   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Aug-11 by racerX (99camaroSS); 603 views.
racerX (99camaroSS)

Aug-11

You know that Susan Rice was in the running especially since she was on the Biden's VP select committee. Biden and his people were smart enough to figure out that Obama would have his plant in the oval office undermining him if he ever won. Now I see Obama undermining his former VP because no one crosses OButthead.

Charlie6D

Aug-11

racerX (99camaroSS) said...

You know that Susan Rice was in the running especially since she was on the Biden's VP select committee. Biden and his people were smart enough to figure out that Obama would have his plant in the oval office undermining him if he ever won. Now I see Obama undermining his former VP because no one crosses OButthead.

Ummm, I dunno.  While I can see how O'Butthead might have preferred someone else for the VP pick, I can't see O'Butthead deliberately undermining the Dem ticket so that we could have 4 more years of Trump.  The expression "Cutting off your nose to spite your face" comes to mind with that.

Charlie--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boomslang (DaveP8)

Aug-11

That's if you think Biden could actually win.  Since he doesn't stand much of a chance, he could be undermined.  Trump's re-election is looking better and better the more Biden comes out of hiding.

Dave P

Charlie6D

Aug-11

Boomslang (DaveP8) said...

That's if you think Biden could actually win.  Since he doesn't stand much of a chance, he could be undermined.  Trump's re-election is looking better and better the more Biden comes out of hiding.

Dave P

You lost me on that one.  It's not what "I" think that determines what Obama might do.  It's what Obama thinks.  And I think that Obama thinks that the Dems have at least a slim chance of winning.  So I can't figure why Obama would want to risk torpedoing even that slim chance.  Besides, Obama is still a "relatively" young man and is generally looked upon favorably by the Dems.  Why would he risk sinking Biden's chances to win (slim though they may be) just out of spite because Biden didn't pick Obama's favorite for VP?  Just doesn't compute for me, but I suppose that stranger things have happened.

Charlie--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boomslang (DaveP8)

Aug-11

Slim?  Biden is the sacrificial lamb.  He's the Bob Dole of this election.  If Hillary had run, she would have easily won the nomination over Joe.  And she's a bad candidate.  

Dave P

racerX (99camaroSS)

Aug-12

Susan Rice was campaigning really hard for that VP slot probably even more so than Harris. Other than being female and black Harris brings very little help to the ticket. California will vote blue and Biden had a greater percentage of the black vote than Harris during the campaign when Harris was still in it. Of course this is all moot because I believe there is no way in hell Biden beats Trump even if Biden picked Obama to be on the ticket.

Boomslang (DaveP8)

Aug-12

Harris's record as a DA is going to kill her.  Blacks don't like her if they know her history of hiding DNA evidence.  And it's extensive.

Dave P

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Which is why they will never hear about it.

Steve (STEVE13358)

Aug-12

Hammer Dog (jaime59) said...

Which is why they will never hear about it.

Jamie, this hiding information by media may be the biggest problem in the country at this moment.  The media works for a Party and we've seen that in other parts of the world that never works for the common good.

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Totally agree and it's really been like that for quite some time.  It's just become much more blatant and obvious that last four years.

It goes beyond politics, too.  I think I've posted this before, but Eric Weinstein talks about what he calls the DISC (Distributed Information Suppression Complex, by which certain stories are ignored or suppressed by the legacy media.  It's a bit a a meandering interview, but well worth watching.  FWIW, Eric (and his brother Bret) are old-fashioned lefties in the Nat Hentoff mode who are deeply concerned about the totalitarianism of the new New Left.