Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Putting Rules?   Golf talk

Started Aug-25 by LARRY3172; 698 views.
Derek0Ser

Oct-19

Among all sports, I like golf and I am actively involved in it and develop my skills and knowledge, study various material on the game and game strategy, here is an example https://golf-hook.com/blog/how-to-swing-a- golf-club/ When playing golf, the main thing is to have a good stance, good ball position and grip.

Stoneded

Oct-20

The main thing actually is to get the ball in the hole.

For me the main thing is to enjoy it...regardless how well I am playing.  Otherwise, why do it?  

And this is why I am fortunate to be able to golf for free.  If after 4-5 holes it is clear things are not working, I will shift gears and forget about "finishing the round" and move on to trying different ways to play a hole with different clubs, hitting different golf balls "side by side", or if pace allows, throw some balls in the bunker, rough, etc and see what I can do.  Becomes more of a practice round which i enjoy.  In the past, given I only played 5-6 times a month, I could grind over every round to the end, but now, playing 24+ rounds a month, that would just be exhausting and likely not that enjoyable.  It helps that I don't keep an handicap.

Stoneded

Oct-28

That was just a sarcastic response to that robot or whatever it was.  (Still its only post, BTW).  If you enjoy it, that's great, but 24+ rounds a month, often playing multiple balls as you've described, sounds like it's bordering on obsession to me.  I'd be fine with 2-3 rounds a week.  Guess  everyone's got different quotas.

On average I probably go to the golf course about 12 times a month, and usually play 36 holes while I am there.  Usually takes me about 5 hours or so.  Basically have free reign on the course.

In reply toRe: msg 9

Perfect example today.  Waited to be sure it was going to warm up as it was still 42* at 0930 here...brrr.  But by noon it was 53* with cloudless sun,  so I loaded the bag and headed to the course.  Started playing about 1:15 with three of the members who were making the turn.  After finishing that 9, they left and I played 10-14 then skipped two foursomes and played 16-18.  Went to the front and played 1-7, then jumped to the back and played 14-18.  By my count that is 29 actual holes.  I wasn't keeping score, but put check marks under each hole number for balls played tee to cup.  I had a stretch where I was playing three balls.  Total holed balls was 45.  During my last stretch 14-18, I took a break and hit a honey hole.  Results were good...about 30 balls found in 7-8 minutes.  Put about 10 of them in my bag for tomorrows round, 4 in garage inventory,  8 in personal inventory (meaning 5A Mint) that included 2 Tour B, 3 ProV1, 1 ProV1x, 1 Tour Soft and 1 TP5...nice little score there.  The remaining 8 are in the trash can.  Also spent about 15 minutes in the Pro Shop and restaurant chatting it up sometime during my "round'.  Final putt dropped at 6:15 after which I headed to the car. Since there are tournaments Tomorrow PM and all day Friday, and plans to go to the A&M game Saturday, if I want to play again, it will be tomorrow.

I talked the pro shop gal to put me on the tee sheet as the last tee time before the tournament.  Hopefully this means I can just drag behind all the groups, play multiple balls, etc.  Since the Shotgun starts at 1pm, they stop all tee times at 8:30 to allow everybody time to complete 18 holes. She unblocked 8:40 just for me!  Really dislike early tee times, but it is what it is.

Stoneded

Oct-29

Well you sound perfectly normal to me.