Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Goodwill   Golf Equipment

Started Sep-12 by Boomslang (DaveP8); 317 views.
Boomslang (DaveP8)

Sep-12

Almost pulled out the wallet today.  I was at the Goodwill and they had a Callaway Big Bertha Heaven seven wood for $4.99 in excellent shape.  I love 7 woods.  Don't play enough to make it worth it.  I have way too many clubs already.

Dave P

Stoneded

Sep-12

You've got more willpower than me.  In fact I just plunked $20 down for a minty Cally X2008 7 wood from the Golf Galaxy bargain bin.  Took it out the other day, hit it 3 times and I'm madly in love with it. You're right about too many clubs.  I've got a dungeon full of them too.  FWIW, you probably could have doubled your money on Ebay.  lol. It's a lot of work for $5.

Boomslang (DaveP8)

Sep-12

I've got 18 holes in so far this year.  If I had gotten in another 18, I don't think I could have held back.  If it's still there tomorrow, I might not be able to resist.  There was also an Orlimar TriMetal 11º driver there too!  Thank god it's a miniature head.  If it had been 300cc, I would have grabbed it.  Doesn't look like it's even 200 cc.

Dave P

5 bucks could buy some poor bastard a decent meal. And you probably could have sold it on eBay for a lot more than that. I bet the bids could go $50 or more. “Rare Big Bertha Heaven Wood 9/10” You should go back and snatch it.
Boomslang (DaveP8)

Sep-13

I bought $120 worth of groceries for the firefighters in our area Friday.  $29 to $45 on Ebay.  Might be worth it.

Dave P

Yeah I have the following clubs that were just to cheap to pass up.   A coupe of them the honeymoon was fantastic.  But now they are all collecting dust in the garage.  I am about ready to pack them in a box and ship them to PGA or Dallas Golf for a small check.

TM 580XD - $9.99

Titleist 907D2 - Free

TM R9 4 and 5 wood - $20 each

Titleist 917 F2 16.5* - $20

Boomslang (DaveP8)

Sep-14

I picked up a $225 dollar racquetball racquet for a buck a few years back.  Needed a new grip.  They were still selling the model a year earlier at Big 5.  Some deals are too good to pass up.

Dave P