Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Another PR - 81 holes today   Golf talk

Started Sep-14 by Luvpings (luvpings1); 142 views.

I was called off of my marshaling duties this morning due to a very light tee sheet.  There was a 64 person shotgun (starting on holes 1-7) in the afternoon, but that was for the PM marshal to deal with.

So I decide to hit the links.  I started about 11:30 and timed it right to play 1-18 then back to 1-9 as I catch up to the last tournament group.  Now the back is full and the lead group is one hole 1, so I cruise pass them to hole two and play 2-9 for the third time.  I was easily able to play as many balls as I wanted on each hole.  Total count was 81 "holes" in 5:45.  Every ball was played from tee to green to putt out.  The few that were lost I put another ball into  play.   I had only one double, three birdies for a total of +29 over those 81 holes.  I can live with that!  Another marshal caught me on the second to last hole and wanted me to play some more with him, but I was pretty tired by that point as I had run earlier in the morning.  Also saw a few guys I knew along the way for some conversation that probably was a needed break.

Weather was very nice...only low 90's, partly cloudy and a 1.5 club wind.  A nice break from our hot summer of 100* seemingly everyday.  Had the music playing, iced beverage in the Yeti and refills waiting in the cooler.  A protein shake and cliff bar to calm my appetite and a nice supply of ERC Soft balls.

What a glorious day it was!

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Sep-15

That sounds like a great way to spend the day.

I cannot wait to get back to it and play again.

I will be home this afternoon and am dsrn glad for it. 

In reply toRe: msg 1

Played again today.  All I can say is ugh.

Played 32 holes with multiple balls on each hole, so easily 60+ "holes", but what a different day it was.  Before I could get to the first tee, a 3 minute downpour soaked the course.  Luckily it was coming straight down and I was able to get my bag inside the cart in short order to keep it dry.  Then it just lessened to a light rain for about 25 minutes.  I thought WTF...just play.  By hole 3 I was a soggy mess..  Then the sun came out.  Humid as all get out.  This repeated itself two more times,  Then it cooled down due to the low 80's due  big T-Storm about 6 miles away...could see the clouds, hear the thunder, play continued.  No more rain..it would have been perfect if everything wasn't wet.

I never liked playing on wet courses so I figured i would use this round to build some mental toughness for playing in such conditions.  Early on it was just disaster..played like drunk blind monkey. I think after the second cloudburst I was getting it together somewhat...actually was making about 2 pars for every bogey, but never kept score or actual count of holes played.

When I got home, everything came out of the damp bag. Clubs were scrubbed clean including the grips.  I spread it all over the garage to dry out.  Will reassemble in the morning.  Looking to play tomorrow only if dry.  Couldn't stand two rounds of mental toughness training in a row!