Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

RIP RBG   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Sep-18 by yotsubishi (ToraMori); 1293 views.
MikeJA

Sep-19

You're probably right, Charlie.  Trump puts out his nominee after the funeral and leans on Biden hard to put our his list of potential nominees.  Makes for a good election issue to draw more voters to his side.

If he clearly wins the election, no problem.  But if he loses or it's tight and it looks like the Democrats could swing it their way with ballot harvesting, then put the nominee up for a vote and hope enough RINO turds don't defect.

BOGEYSBGONE

Sep-19

NineMileSkid said...

We have a president, elected, who stands ready to nominate a new justice. We also have a senate, elected, that stands ready to give them hearings. Let's do what we have always done in the past given these circumstances: proceed.

Much easier hoped for - than done.  

Robb

In reply toRe: msg 22
MikeJA

Sep-19

If Trump nominates Amy Barrett, liberal heads will explode.  She and her husband adopted two Haitian kids.

In reply toRe: msg 20
HAX (CVeratanictu)

Sep-19

Fuck the left.  Seat a new justice.  To quote their Messiah, elections have consequences...we won. 

We owe the left nothing.

The only olive branch they should get is dropped on her grave.

Unfortunately some of the left are Republican senators.
j (Dustdevil8)

Sep-19

We're on the verge of a 3rd Party. The elite, establishment of both Parties will come together. They have more in common than not and a real interest in keeping the political gravy train going.

BOGEYSBGONE

Sep-20

HAX (CVeratanictu) said...

Fuck the left.  Seat a new justice.  To quote their Messiah, elections have consequences...we won. 

We owe the left nothing.

The only olive branch they should get is dropped on her grave.

The big questions are:   is seating a justice worth losing the Presidency AND the Senate?

Maybe - and it assumes you can absolutely seat a Justice.   B/c even if you threaten to do it - you substantially risk losing both Presidency and Senate...and assure we go left for 4 years.   And even if a Justice is forced on the American people - we will change the way government is run - but having a never ending line of cases being brought to the SCOTUS.   With a slim 5-4 lead - there is a possibility with SCOTUS will decline to hear many of the cases.   

My suggestion is that attempt at forcing a justice now - will turn the election towards Dems not only with swing voters, but may also turn Republicans to non-voters.   

Robb

Boomslang (DaveP8)

Sep-20

When they see how the Dems act, you think they will lean left?  What the left has done the last 4 months have already swung things right and will continue to do so.  Remember, this time Trump is nominating a woman.  Let's see how she's treated.  Let's see how Biden functions during a debate about her.  I don't think it's going to go well for him.  If he gets emotional, his disfunction will be on full display.

Dave P

BOGEYSBGONE

Sep-20

Boomslang (DaveP8) said...

When they see how the Dems act, you think they will lean left?  What the left has done the last 4 months have already swung things right and will continue to do so.  Remember, this time Trump is nominating a woman.  Let's see how she's treated.  Let's see how Biden functions during a debate about her.  I don't think it's going to go well for him.  If he gets emotional, his disfunction will be on full display.

Dave P

My hope and expectation - is that Mr. Trump will figure it out.  I admit I am thinking like a politician and how voters react to political movements.  I am thinking that Mr. Trump will listen to politicians and use his business intellect to figure a way forward.     Not simply at the process but by leveraging other things to change the process.  :)

Americans don't like to be forced.  With respect - look at how you guys react to Covid.   No different whatsoever.   Americans would rather resist - at the thought of preserving freedom - rather than do something that would be effective in the short run.  

Mr. Trump needs to get Americans to understand that the reverse immediate benefit will be better than the perceived force.  I and hope that he will.

Robb

flatstik (gregf82)

Sep-20

you substantially risk losing both Presidency and Senate...and assure we go left for 4 years.”

what is your authority for this statement?  It’s an assumption in and of itself.