Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Mittens Is On Board   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Sep-22 by NineMileSkid; 548 views.
NineMileSkid

Sep-22

Mitt Romney reportedly has agreed with Republican leadership’s decision to move ahead with the process of confirming a Supreme Court nominee. With Romney apparently on board, Lindsey Graham says that leadership has the votes to get a nominee confirmed, assuming no unexpected developments.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/09/romney-on-board-for-considering-supreme-court-nominee.php

The only thing I can think is that Romney must realize that Trump is almost a lock to be reelected.

Burat (DocFreddie)

Sep-22

Or - he hopes that nominating a SCOTUS now backfires on Trump.

j (Dustdevil8)

Sep-22

Or, we're headed for an "October Surprise".

In reply toRe: msg 1
SwingBetter

Sep-22

Maybe Romney wants to be reasonable now in hopes of running in 2024 or being reelected as Senator.     

The Dems can't expect the GOP to play nice with what they have done to Trump with Hoaxs, Impeachment, Lies, etc.      

The SC is supposed to interpret the law and not be bias to their party. 

The GOP needs the possible 6-3 SC advantage, in case Biden wins.   Then it will be a lot harder for Dems to change constitutional things that they want to change.     

NineMileSkid

Sep-23

Good point. Only I would say, the country needs a strong 6-3 majority to prevent the Democrats from passing laws that will take away our rights.

In reply toRe: msg 5
MikeJA

Sep-23

Just read that Murkowski is backtracking.  Must have heard from her constituents.

In reply toRe: msg 6
BOGEYSBGONE

Sep-23

The acceptable "pivot" that has been discussed here by the GEA braintrust - is that we don't actually know who the nominee is.

To say "yes" or "no" without understanding who it will be - would appear to be arbitrary and capricious - voters don't like that.

Robb

In reply toRe: msg 6
flatstik (gregf82)

Sep-23

So they reminded her to quit being a stupid bitch?  And she listened?  Trump opening ANWR probably didn't hurt.  

Charlie6D

Sep-23

Mittens said he would listen to and consider the qualifications of the nominee and then vote accordingly (or words to that effect).  I think that is the proper response for any senator.  Not that Mitt does the right thing all the time.  In fact, he's a prick, but at least he SAID the right thing about this.  Let's hope he DOES the right thing.

Charlie---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Sep-24

My message to Democrats after what they did to Kavanaugh:  “if you want blood...YOU GOT IT”.  I think most GOP voters feel the same way.  Fuck the Democrats.  This is ALL their doing.

https://youtu.be/6EWqTym2cQU