Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Enjoy the riots   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Sep-23 by yotsubishi (ToraMori); 1239 views.
Should be a really good one tonight in Louisville. Only one cop charged with “wanton endangerment.”
MikeJA

Sep-23

Louisville has been run by Democrats since 1969.  Police will probably be ordered to allow the "peaceful" protests to run their course.

In reply toRe: msg 2
NineMileSkid

Sep-23

Give those who wish to destroy space.

The contrast between media reporting and what actually happened should be noted widely -- no knock warrant but the police announced themselves, and the police were returning fire -- but it won't be. 

Regardless, this type of confrontation/arrest has a good chance to result in a bad outcome. No need for this to have happened.
j (Dustdevil8)

Sep-23

I don't blame the cops for shooting back when they were shot at. I don't blame the guy for shooting at what he thought were intruders in the middle of the night. I don't blame Ms. Taylor for having the poor taste in men to hang around a suspected drug dealer. It's just a sad situation all around.

I do wonder if midnight is the best time to serve a warrant where no one's life is in immediate danger. It seems to me you're putting a lot of lives in danger on both sides, blinded by the dark of night.

Maybe the guy who decided midnight was the ideal time to do this shares some blame.

In reply toRe: msg 6
flatstik (gregf82)

Sep-23

Police do these searches at these times because they generally have it on good information the dealer is holding a good quantity of drugs.  If they wait, it gets sold.  If they lose the element of surprise, the drugs get flushed.  

In reply toRe: msg 1
Two cops shot thus far.
Charlie6D

Sep-23

flatstik (gregf82) said...

Police do these searches at these times because they generally have it on good information the dealer is holding a good quantity of drugs.  If they wait, it gets sold.  If they lose the element of surprise, the drugs get flushed.  

So then no one is safe in their home or apartment at any time day or night.  All it takes is someone to call in a "tip" that Mr. X is dealing drugs out of his home/apt and has recently made a big purchase to resell on the street.  BINGO!  The cops come storming in, Mr. X and anyone in the home with him start shooting because they think they're being invaded by thugs, and lots of innocent people get killed because of a bad tip or because the cops got the wrong address.

I don't care if tons of drugs get flushed down the toilet, there's got to be a better and safer way to deal with this.  My opinion.

Charlie--------------------------------------------------------------------