Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Back to the Family Live 1969   Movies, TV, Art, Music, etc

Started Sep-24 by Hammer Dog (jaime59); 304 views.
Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

One of my favorite early Tull songs: the lyrics, music, and tempo changes are perfect.  Incredible sound and video on this.

Jethro Tull - Back To The Family - Live in Stockholm 1969 (HD)

An extract from "Swing In", a 1969 documentary by Wim Van Der Linden.

flatstik (gregf82)

Sep-24

Awesome.  Jethro Tull played my high school in 1975!  What a show.  

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Your high school??

flatstik (gregf82)

Sep-24

Yes.  My brother - who had just dropped out of Northwestern pre-med - was a big Tull  fan and even had taken up the flute.  He was living in a dive apartment near the high schoolFiguring out his next move  and Tull did a concert with UFO (Lights Out London!) at the high school.  I was probably a sophomore in high school.

nwinjim

Sep-30

This thread on Jethro Tull has caused me a certain yearning to listen to some of their oldest, and finest music.  I just broke out some classic vinyl of their First Album (Titled Jethro Tull), Stand Up, and Benefit.  I laughed when I saw "Stereo" stamped on their debut album.  Man, I'm getting old.

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Yeah, I posted that in a different thread.  8o)

There's also a great version of My God from that same concert.

Don't know if you've seen any of the "Person Reacts to Music on hearing for the first time" videos on Youtube, but here's one of a classical flautist listening to that song.

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

That was their bluesy rock period - This Was, Stand Up, Benefit, and Living in the Past.  Lots of great music on those albums.

flatstik (gregf82)

Oct-1

Yep, I've seen her before - funny!  Yetro Tule - lol!