Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Looking for suggestions to watch.   Movies, TV, Art, Music, etc

Started Oct-15 by One Shot Wonder (TShot1); 1199 views.

My wife and I just finished watching on Netflix all the episodes of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.  The storyline, acting and casting were terrific. We both enjoyed having such an interesting series to watch. 

We loved it!

In fact it was so good that now I'm depressed that we finished.  I'm searching for another good show to watch and to keep our interest. 

We also watched Ozark and enjoyed the heck out of it.

Your recommendations will be greatly appreciated. 

If you want to watch something that will really make you appreciate terrific storylines, acting and casting, may I suggest Trailer Park Boys?  It might be horrible with regards to all three of those, but some episodes are beyond funny.  

geddlemon

Oct-16

I'm not sure if all seasons are on netflix, but look at Outlander and Yellowstone (may be on Paramount.)

Husker (Birdman506)

Oct-16

We have enjoyed both of those, but my all-time favorite is Justified.  It appeared on Amazon Prime when we watched - not sure where it is now.

[edited to add]  It can be found on Hulu and others, but you have to pay to watch.

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

If you liked those shows, which feature excellent writing and plot, great actors and character development, I will second Justified.  Great series that wrapped up as well as Breaking Bad.

Also consider Longmire if you like lawman shows.

Some other great series:

Orphan Black (sci-fi)
Outlander
Poldark
Dexter
The Expanse (sci-fi)
Peaky Blinders
The Last Kingdom

If you like Brit detective series, you can't go wrong with the entire Inspector Morse, Lewis, and Endeavour series.

And I always put a plug in for the old Brother Cadfael series on PBS with the great Derek Jacobi.

Lots of good stuff to watch these days.

In reply toRe: msg 5

Thanks to ALL for the great suggestions!

I'll check them out.

A couple of you peeked my interest  "Justified" I'll see if I can find it. I have Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime

AFH2020

Oct-16

Loved Justified - one of the all time best, but you can't get it for free now.

AFH2020

Oct-16

We have very similar tastes in TV if not politics haha. Orphan Black was terrific and Tatiana Maslany was amazing. Desreved the belated Emmy.

Also really liked Longmire. Reading his latest novel now.

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Just realized something.  You watched BB and Better Call Saul.  Have you watched El Camino, the epilogue to BB?  Very good and worth it for no other reason to see Badger and Skinny Pete one more time.

Yes we watched El Camino had to find out what happened to Jesse.  You nailed it, Skinny Pete and Badger were awesome characters :-)