Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Presidential Debate Moderators   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Oct-17 by Burat (DocFreddie); 641 views.
SwingBetter

Oct-17

It would not matter who the Moderator is, if the Mod only has the power to answer supplied questions, same to both candidates, and can turn off their mic after 2 minutes.   

I thought the debates used to alternate between Dem + GOP leaning TV channels.  

It also would be interesting if a CNN, ABC, etc, person asks Trump questions, while a Fox person asks Biden. 

And there should be a final segment where the candidates ask each other questions, that the Mods were afraid to ask.         

j (Dustdevil8)

Oct-17

Normally, I would agree with you, but after that Savanna Gutherie townhall, 2 minutes is not a long time when the moderator is interrupting you every 10 seconds.

It was kind of the same with Chris Wallace to a certain extent. The moderators just can't shut up. Their careers just depend too much on them making a scene.

Burat (DocFreddie)

Oct-18

I stand by my original question:
I have yet to hear of a right-leaning moderator in any of these debates.

Why is this?

j (Dustdevil8)

Oct-18

I'd settle for a neutral one.

Boomslang (DaveP8)

Oct-18

Good luck finding a non-partisan.  

Dave P

Charlie6D

Oct-18

Boomslang (DaveP8) said...

Good luck finding a non-partisan.  

Dave P

I understand there is an 8 year old girl who lives with her parents in an Amish community in Ohio who MIGHT be non-partisan in this election.  We might be able to talk her into moderating the debate if we give her parents a year's supply of oats for their horse.  ;)

Charlie----------------------------------------------------------------

In reply toRe: msg 7
MikeJA

Oct-18

I would send the debate commission to the dumpster and let each campaign select a moderator to question the opposing candidate.  And let the campaigns negotiate the ground rules.

In reply toRe: msg 8

The campaigns could never come to terms so they created the presidential debate commission. All the republicans on the commission are establishment never Trumpers.

In reply toRe: msg 1
I’d like to see Putin moderate the next debate.