Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Get Woke, Go Broke: MLB version   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Oct-22 by Hammer Dog (jaime59); 461 views.
Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Game 1 of Major League Baseball’s “Fall Classic” turned out to be a ratings classic, in that it was classically awful.

Viewership for the game came in at 9.2 million. Big numbers if you’re the NBA who didn’t reach that mark  in any of their Finals games. However, for MLB, it was the lowest number of viewers in recorded history. The pathetically small viewing audience resulted in a 25% drop from Game 1 of the 2019 World Series.

https://www.breitbart.com/social-justice/2020/10/21/ratings-for-game-1-of-the-world-series-crash-25-viewership-at-all-time-low/

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Oct-22

Kneel and insult your careers, big stadiums, big contracts, and big baller life styles away dummies.

They are profiles in courage to risk all of that in the name of social justice. Or they are idiots.

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

I think TV sports and movies are going to have a rough time recovering, and not only for insulting their audiences.  Once a habit is broken, like watching sports, it's not easy to start again.  I've been hiking and biking a lot over the past month or so worth of weekends.  Visited my daughter in RI last weekend.  We went for a nice ride and hike on Cape Cod last Sunday.  It's a shame the the New England states are Democrat-controlled because they are beautiful.

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Oct-22

I am a huge Star Wars fan.  I have watched all 9 movies as well as Rogue One and Solo.  I went despite the 'messaging' in the last trilogy because, in for a penny in for a pound.

The Star Wars community was hugely insulted by Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson when they did not like the new movies with Rey, a girl, that ended up not being a Skywalker.  Kathleen Kennedy went all 'woke' SJW/Girl Power/Mary Sue and completely destroyed the story of the Skywalker Family and name.  From Day 1, the story has been about Annakin Skywalker and his rise, fall, and redemption.  She not only swept it away, she made it un-necessary.

On top of all of that, these two shitheels had the audacity to tell Star Wars fans "you're wrong, you're mysoginistic, and racist" for not liking these movies.

The hot rumor is that Star Wars is actually looking to scrap the last 3 and make 3 new ones to replace them, as if they never existed.

People loved Rogue One (myself included) because it was just a good story, a war movie set in a galaxy far far away, we got to see characters, and it gave some backtstory to 
Episode IV, A New Hope.

Also, as bad as the 'Prequels' were...if you watch the cartoons The Clone Wars and Rebels...they REALLY make those movies good.  I kid you not, they bring so much more to the relationship between Obiwan and Annakin, the Clones, and how and why Annakin turned against the Jedi.  There are additional characters that are very powerful and some very cool moments that make these movies go from 'meh' to OHHHHH, that makes total sense now.  You get to see exactly WHY Annakin was such a BAMF.

The whole 'get woke/fight the patriarchy/girl power' thing is bullshit.  When the 'women of Marvel' had their moment in End Game, it was honest to God the cringiest thing I have seen. 

If Hollywood/Disney won't learn...that just means there's an opportunity for someone that will.

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

I liked Rogue One; in addition to a good story. it gave you the history of the "defect" in the Death Star (which Robot Chicken and Family Guy had plenty of fun with; are you fans of those?)

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Oct-22

Have not watched them, need to check them out.

Also...seeing Vader do Vader stuff and WHY he was so feared...holy hell...I found myself standing and clapping for Darth FREAKING VADER!!!

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host
To give you a flavor.  Lots on youtube

Bob (MULLYMAN)

Oct-22

Players just don’t get it, saw a Philadelphia Eagles player interviewed after Sunday’s game, he was wearing a MAGA hat with BLM written over the front.

Stoneded

Oct-26

The message has really gotten through to me.  In fact, Black lives matter so much to me that I refuse to watch football at all.  I will in no way condone these wonderful young men risking their health and safety in that brutal game solely for the benefit of the rich, white team owners and television moguls.