Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

COVID Mutation   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Oct-29 by yotsubishi (ToraMori); 1600 views.
Burat (DocFreddie)

Oct-29

Not a surprise.

Why do you think we have to come up w/ new Flu vaccines yearly?

Charlie6D

Oct-29

Burat (DocFreddie) said...

Not a surprise.

Why do you think we have to come up w/ new Flu vaccines yearly?

But yet the Dems (who claim to be the smart, educated ones) act as if only we would shut the country down and require everyone to wear a mask, this Covid problem would soon be solved and go away.  Not gonna happen.

Charlie--------------------------------------------------------------

We guess at flu vaccines every year.
Burat (DocFreddie)

Oct-29

Yes - educated guesses, as to which strains will hit certain areas.

AFH2020

Oct-29

Actually Charlie, the reason for shutdown and masks was to keep you from getting sick and dying, not to make the virus "go away" which it clearly isn't. Only the President has said it would "magically disappear"

Charlie6D

Oct-29

AFH2020 said...

Actually Charlie, the reason for shutdown and masks was to keep you from getting sick and dying, not to make the virus "go away" which it clearly isn't. Only the President has said it would "magically disappear"

So why are SOME people still getting sick and dying in areas where they have shutdowns and mandatory mask rules at about the same rate as areas where they don't have shutdowns and mandatory mask rules?  The masks aren't making any difference and the economy has suffered terribly because of silly, ineffective rules.

Charlie--------------------------------------------------------------------

For Trump, the virus did magically disappear. Thanks to Trump fast tracking therapeutics. 

AFH2020

Oct-29

Agree in general. We know little and have done less. Regarding masks though, there is some evidence coming in about effectiveness of mask mandates i preventing hospitalizations. Check out the UK study I posted earlier. I have been asking for studies like this for months, and it's ridiculous that this hasn't been looked at in detail before.

Charlie6D

Oct-29

AFH2020 said...

Agree in general. We know little and have done less. Regarding masks though, there is some evidence coming in about effectiveness of mask mandates i preventing hospitalizations. Check out the UK study I posted earlier. I have been asking for studies like this for months, and it's ridiculous that this hasn't been looked at in detail before.

Based on things I've read, I don't think masks make much if any difference in the spread of the virus.  And even if they did make a small difference, the difference is so minute that it doesn't justify the extreme infringements on our liberties and the economic devastation that mandatory masks and shutdowns have caused.  The proposed "cures" are far worse than the disease for our society.  If any individual feels differently, then they're welcome to hole up in a cave until this virus disappears... which may be never.

Charlie-----------------------------------------------------------------------------