Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Life under a Democratic Administration   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Oct-29 by j (Dustdevil8); 1503 views.
j (Dustdevil8)

Oct-29

Look, I'm not going to tell you who to vote for. One, it's probably preaching to the choir here and two, most of you are too hard headed to listen to me anyway. relaxed

But, that being said, these are the mandatory guidelines for PRIVATE meetings this Thanksgiving in your home, in California.

If you know anyone who hasn't voted yet, show them this and ask them if this is how they want to live for the next 4 years. Remember, there's only one candidate calling for a mandatory mask law and predicting a Winter of Doom, and he happens to belong to the same Party as the Gov. of California.

Newsom will get a big FU on this.

Charlie6D

Oct-29

Isn't it just amazing how many people are in agreement with draconian isolation rules/laws that severely inhibit what a person does on his own time, in his own home, and with his own family members and close friends in the name of "safety"?????   Whatever happened to "freedom" in our country? 

When was a law or constitutional amendment passed that gave the right to politicians to mandate what we can or can't do under the guise of helping us?  Is there any country left on this planet where a person still has the right to do what he wants in his own home with his own consenting family and friends?

Charlie----------------------------------------------------------------------------

j (Dustdevil8)

Oct-29

I think "national mask law" is vague and abstract. I think something like this really hits home when people see how specific and detailed it is and imagine Christmas in their house looking like this.

I think this could change some people's minds.

BOGEYSBGONE

Oct-29

Charlie6D said...

Isn't it just amazing how many people are in agreement with draconian isolation rules/laws that severely inhibit what a person does on his own time, in his own home, and with his own family members and close friends in the name of "safety"?????   Whatever happened to "freedom" in our country? 

When was a law or constitutional amendment passed that gave the right to politicians to mandate what we can or can't do under the guise of helping us?  Is there any country left on this planet where a person still has the right to do what he wants in his own home with his own consenting family and friends?

Charlie----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generally you're right Charlie I would agree.   However - in the Thanksgiving example it relies on people leaving their own protected domain to cross through public lands to get to your protected domain.   And public lands are the Governor's domain.    Covid brings the legal adage:  the right to swing your fist - ends at the tip of another person's nose.

Robb

j (Dustdevil8)

Oct-29

But the guidelines say nothing about traveling in the public domain.

They specifically deal with PRIVATE gatherings in private homes.

BOGEYSBGONE

Oct-29

j (Dustdevil8) said...

Charlie's question was (I believe....) how can the government intrude into our homes?   And generally agree with him.

I think the government here has a colorable right and responsibility to tell home owners that if you're going to host (outsiders) - then here is what we want you to do - so that the outsiders don't become vectors of disease at your party - and then go and spread the disease to others when they leave your house.

That's my assumption anyways.   :)

Robb

Charlie6D

Oct-29

BOGEYSBGONE said...

j (Dustdevil8) said...

Charlie's question was (I believe....) how can the government intrude into our homes?   And generally agree with him.

I think the government here has a colorable right and responsibility to tell home owners that if you're going to host (outsiders) - then here is what we want you to do - so that the outsiders don't become vectors of disease at your party - and then go and spread the disease to others when they leave your house.

That's my assumption anyways.   :)

Robb

You're welcome to justify your surrender of your rights and freedoms to the authorities in any manner you wish, but don't count me in your group.  Too many patriots have sacrificed their lives to surrender our freedoms so easily.  History is replete with examples of succumbing to fascism and totalitarianism in the hopes that they will be treated better if they don't resist.  None of these examples of appeasement have worked.  

Charlie-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Burat (DocFreddie)

Oct-29

I understand the reasoning behind these rules, but they are akin to regulating morality, IMO.

Good luck with that.

We typically host T'Giving dinner at our house for my relatives.

All told - that is a minimum 25 people. These are people I know, whom I trust, and who are for the most part very careful.

We MAY pass this up this year - just a simple matter of it being a numbers game.

In reply toRe: msg 9
flatstik (gregf82)

Oct-29

Whatever happened to "my body, my choice?"  

I guess this means the end of abortion.