Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Hcap? How many rounds per dozen balls?   Golf talk

Started Oct-29 by BOGEYSBGONE; 1219 views.
BOGEYSBGONE

Oct-29

What's your handicap? or typical score?

What tees do you play?

How many rounds do you get out of a dozen balls (before you need to open a new box/how many balls do you use/lose/change per round)? 

Robb

In reply toRe: msg 1
BOGEYSBGONE

Oct-29

I'm presently a 15.5 index; down from 18.x earlier.  Typical score is high 80s low 90s.  Lowest this year was 81.  Highest I stopped counting at 110.  LOL

Played about 20 times (several 9 holes; maybe 10 full rounds) - getting back into the game.

I use/lose/change about 3 balls per round.  Had 2 rounds this year where I played the ball for 18.  Typically playing 6,000-6250 yards.  Rating/slope around 71/132 courses

Robb

I have never calculated my handicap but my average score at my course is about 77.5.  I play the 6200 yard tees (68.3/127).  Recently played two other courses and shot a 82 (6100 yards 69.3/126) and a 83 (6475 71.3/130).

I usually play the tees one up from the tips.

For balls, my guess is probably 3.5 rounds per dozen balls.  However, since I basically get all the balls I could ever want for free, I really spend zero time looking for a ball that is likely in a place from which I cannot play from.  I just take a drop and move along. I don't carry a ball retriever like most our age!  If I spend as much time as others looking for my ball during a round, I that number might be closer to 6 rounds per dozen.  I probably lose 3 balls on average, and could probably find at least one of those if I was to care about looking for them. 

I can't remember the last time I lost a ball. But I haven't been able to play since I can remember.

Current handicap is 3.

I generally use 1 ball per round.  I could use less than that, but I like to use a new one every 18 hole round.  I take more out of play for wear and tear than because I've lost them.  This is aided by the fact that I only play about 20-30 full rounds per year these days.  When I played a lot more, I used new balls in tournaments and anything clean in my bag day to day.

Stoneded

Oct-31

"I generally use 1 ball per round.  I could use less than that, ... "     

You have to use at least one ball per round.  Otherwise there would be nothing on your tee.

BOGEYSBGONE

Oct-31

Stoneded said...

"I generally use 1 ball per round.  I could use less than that, ... "     

You have to use at least one ball per round.  Otherwise there would be nothing on your tee.

...he is THAT good!   

Robb

rew (REW37087)

Oct-31

hdcp= 2  , score is 68-75

I play as far back as they have 6800-7200 yards

Usually one ball per round, so I would say 10 rounds per dozen, I use  a new ball per round.

Can't wait until I decide to start playing the senior tees, I'm 55 but play with much younger guys.

rew (REW37087)

Oct-31

Thanks, all about the short gamerelaxed