Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Trump Fatigue   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Jul-2 by yotsubishi (ToraMori); 786 views.
NineMileSkid

Jul-2

Slazman said...

I would like to see him step down (Health issue) and see if the Republicans can salvage something in November. Sounds drastic, but things are getting out of hand and he does not seem even remotely engaged anymore. The thought of a majority Democratic House and Senate with Biden as POTUS is more than I can handle. 

You and your 409k.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Art.. (ArtMBGolf)

Jul-2

Here is the problem with that and other polls.  

The Monmouth University Poll was conducted by telephone from June 26 to 30, 2020 with 867 adults in the United States.
The results in this release are based on 733 registered voters.

Maybe Trump haters are more likely to vote in a poll, while Trump supporters are more likely to decline.   

WTF are you and ToraMori smoking?  You two honestly think what's presented on the nightly news by the MSM is the reflection of what's happening in all the cities in the US and what most American want? You think we're ready to turn the country over to a senile "alsorun" because you're swelling the bogus poll numbers from the loonie left. Did I fail to mention WTF! 

Looks like PIB and Crothers have aliases. Who knew?

I think people have factored in that Biden is mentally diminished and will just be a figurehead.

Trump has just been hit with too many body blows, most not his fault, but some self-inflicted.

And his personality just wears on people, especially women. Pretty much the same way Hillary came across to men.

The polls are likely biased towards Biden, but I think the 2020 polls are less biased than those from 2016.

Trump just can't win this one. His coffin has been nailed shut several times over. The swamp has prevailed.

Charlie6D

Jul-2

But the huge difference this time is that Trump has an excellent 4 years of accomplishments to run on.  He doesn't have the greatest bedside manner in some instances, but I'm not interested in the "nicest guy" occupying the White House.  I want the toughest, shrewdest negotiating SOB who is on my side in that role.  Trump fills the bill.  Biden is a joke.

Charlie----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump HAD 3+ years of accomplishments that were wiped out in a few months. Some of it his fault.

People have factored in Biden is a figurehead and won't really be calling the shots. At this point he could run as a corpse and probably still beat Trump.

Trump won in 2016 because he was the asshole a lot of people wanted to shake things up. Now too many people just think he's an asshole.

Sadly, or perhaps happily, the opinions of people in Calif., NY, NJ, D.C , etc. aren't really relevant out where the deplorables  live.

Here, the only fatigue I'm seeing is people sick and tired of leftist bullshit,  statue destruction, occupied zones, anti-law enforcement protests, AOC, Ilhan Omar, Russian hoaxes, MSM lies, etc, etc.

If you or anyone else think Trump is losing his base, you are in for a surprise.

Trump is not losing his base for the most part. But his base is not enough.

He has lost a lot of independent swing vote, especially women. Trump won those swing states by a combined 100,000 votes or so. I don't think it will happen this time. It may be a matter of Trump and his battles with the media and everything else has just worn people out, compounded by a pandemic and Trump's poor response to it. Not all of it his fault, but he has not helped himself too much.

And he has lost his major weapon, being able to storm troop the country with his rallies like he did in 2016. Trump has effectively been de-balled and he just can't win without them.

Charlie6D

Jul-2

ToraMori said...

Trump HAD 3+ years of accomplishments that were wiped out in a few months. Some of it his fault.

People have factored in Biden is a figurehead and won't really be calling the shots. At this point he could run as a corpse and probably still beat Trump.

Trump won in 2016 because he was the asshole a lot of people wanted to shake things up. Now too many people just think he's an asshole.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion as to what other (most?) people think of Trump, but I'm inclined to think that people who supported Trump in 2016 will support him in 2020.  Additionally, I think that many people who threw their vote away on a 3rd party candidate or perhaps voted for Hillary simply because they had always voted for the Dem candidate, won't do that again in 2020.  I think that a huge percentage of those will vote for Trump.

The only votes that the Dems haven't lost is the 30% to 35% of the voters who would vote for the Dem candidate even with an incompetent idiot at the top of the ticket... and that's pretty much what they'll have this November.

Keep in mind too, that the "no votes" often play a big role in deciding the outcome in close races.  "No votes" are the result of a party having a weak candidate that the individual can't bring himself to vote for, but they can't vote for the opposition either, so they don't vote in that race, i.e. a "no vote".  Trump supporters are rock solid, 100% Trump voters.  They WILL vote this November and it will be for Trump. 

The Dem voters... eh, not so solid.  Besides, it matters a lot WHICH Dem camp they're in.  The so-called "moderate" Dems likely won't vote if a left winger is the VP, and the left wingers won't vote if a moderate is the VP.  For the Dems, it's a lose-lose situation.  I don't know of ANY Dem candidate that will appeal to all the wings of their party.

Between the Bernie Bros, the Pocahontas Pussies, the Biden Bumblers, and the AOC Crazies, there's simply too much divide to get them all to coalesce on one candidate that all can support.  Trump gets 4 more years!

Charlie---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In reply toRe: msg 12
Charlie6D

Jul-2

Just to add a little tidbit of interest... My wife went to the beauty shop today to get her hair cut.  ALL the ladies in there were talking about how "crazy" the leftist/rioters/looters are and how crazy anyone would be to vote for Biden and get even more lawlessness.  One lady responded "I'm registered as Democrat, but I'm voting for Trump this fall."

Charlie--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------