Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

8/7 press conference   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Aug-8 by HAX (CVeratanictu); 478 views.
Charlie6D

Aug-8

HAX (CVeratanictu) said...

you can watch the press conference here: https://youtu.be/1GO126WAUmA

I understand that he is floating the idea of an EO to suspend evictions, suspend and forgive student loan interest, extend the enhanced unemployment, and enact a payroll tax reduction that is retroactive to July 1.

Did he just completely neuter the Democrats? The democrats are holding this up to get mail in voting through.

If Trump does this, and the democrats take him to the SCOTUS and John Roberts overturns it...the democrats are seen going against the American people. If they lose...then Trump has basically figured.out how to get a line item veto.

Can you imagine every person in America getting to see what their check would look like without the deductions and then the democrats getting that "undone"?

This is a post a friend of mine made in a other forum that is spot on: That presser was the kill shot.

Can’t fight over anything financial any longer. This will get challenged and overturned, but not for a while. And think... imagine being the candidate who champions overturning the one thing that is helping people through this media hyped ‘pandemic’. Not one working American will dislike this EO.

No need for congressional support so mail in voting will not happen.

No bail outs for blue states.

Post office is on its own.

There is going to be a big shift in the media’s reporting. It will now be everything to minimize COVID since this move shows him in such a positive light.

You will see a Republican Congress after the election if the Democrat party decides to go all in against this, however unconstitutional this will be deemed in the future.

Hats off to DJT. He just backed them into a corner. If they do nothing, he’s viewed as correct. If they challenge it, it’s a big fat frick you to Americans.

Let me be the first to say that I don't like the idea of making law from the White House any more than I like the idea of the making law from the Supreme Court.  Why should the President, by himself, have the right to throw the country another 4 or 5 TRILLION dollars in debt?  I don't give a fuck how politically "smart" someone may think it is.  I think it's dumber than hell.  Just keep in mind that what goes around, comes around.  The Pubs aren't going to occupy the White House forever. 

Charlie------------------------------------------------------------------

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Aug-8

I agree with you Charlie, but between Obama making DACA and John Roberts and the SCOTUS telling a POTUS he cannot "undo" an executive order...what is He to do?

Here is the other point...if checks and balances work the way they should, the SCOTUS will slap down his EO...amd the precedent is set...and the Democrats are seen as going against the American working class. If they don't, we have the benevolent dictator that we need...and Trump.will have helped millions of Americans while the Democrats tried to make political hay.

Ttump is forcing them to live up to the constitution aka as making them shit or get off the pot.

NineMileSkid

Aug-8

Wait until this is found unconstitutional and Pelosi and Schumer try to collect everyone's back payroll taxes from the months this is in affect. You think those two are hated now? 

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Aug-8

He is using their hatred of him against them...almost like political judo.

Most people are unaware that Trump has a black belt in jujutsu.
HAX (CVeratanictu)

Aug-8

He used it on Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

In reply toRe: msg 7
Art.. (ArtMBGolf)

Aug-8

It should be cheaper to extend the extra unemployment than it is to give the Pelosi/Dems the extra Trillions to bail out blue states and
other non-Covid handouts.   

The Dems forget that half the people they don't give the unemployment $$$ to are Dems.          

In reply toRe: msg 8
HAX (CVeratanictu)

Aug-8

The mad man did it.

And the MSM headline is...

Trump attempts to wrest tax and spending powers-from Congress with new executive actions

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Aug-8

Good...Gooooooood...let th orange hate flow through them!