Delicious Ideas -  What are You Making for Thanksgiving? (207 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Revolution OG (revolutionog) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-16 6:16 PM 
To: All  (1 of 7) 

Last year we deboned an entire turkey, stuffed it with a breadcrumb, garlic, lemon zest, kale and pine nut stuffing and wrapped it it proscuitto. It was not as difficult as it looks and it was much easier to serve when the time came. Also, I was able to freeze the bones and attached meat for soup right away and defrost it later when we were hungry for turkey again. This is how it came out.

We used this video by Chef John as a guideline.

I think ours came out nicer because we used proscuitto to cover the seams. We let the turkey skin brown up first and then added the porscuitto and roasted it just a bit longer to let that brown.
I'll be doing this again this year but with a different stuffing.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you really want to test a mans character, give him power.

- Abraham Lincoln

http://forums.delphiforums.com/otherchatroom.

Reply   Options 

To: Revolution OG (revolutionog) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 7) 
 3079.2 in reply to 3079.1 

looking really good not easy to keep it neat I think it will be slow cooked lamb here 

To: All 

To: Sari (CorsuB)  (3 of 7) 
 3079.3 in reply to 3079.2 

i am going to make a recipe i saw on facebook.  it takes 4 ingredients .  for the crock pot.  you put skinless boneless chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock.  im using 4.  thats what this recipe called for.  then u cover with a 6 oz box of stove top stuffing dry.  then  u mix a 3/4 cup of sour cream with cream of chicken soup and 1/4 cup of water and put on top of stuffing.  cook  for 4 hours on high.

From: Revolution OG (revolutionog) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-21 3:38 PM 
To: katyf3  (4 of 7) 
 3079.4 in reply to 3079.3 

That sounds good and super easy. Perfect for when you're having a quiet Thanksgiving which many people will be having this year. Thank you for posting.

Spice

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you really want to test a mans character, give him power.

- Abraham Lincoln

To: Revolution OG (revolutionog) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 7) 
 3079.5 in reply to 3079.4 

yes that is it.. just a quiet Thanksgiving!

To: Revolution OG (revolutionog) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 7) 
 3079.6 in reply to 3079.4 

Bad news!  I made the 4 ingredient chicken stuffing recipe for the crockpot today.  It was not good.  The chicken was ok , but a little bit tough.  The stuffing did not get cooked correctly.  When i scooped it out,  there was bits of the stuffing mix still dry.  Some pieces got cooked , some did not.  All in all, I give it a thumbs down and will not be  making again with that same recipe.  Found another similiar recipe with more liquid.  Might try that one.  Happy Thanksgiving!  

From: Revolution OG (revolutionog) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-23 6:14 PM 
To: katyf3 unread  (7 of 7) 
 3079.7 in reply to 3079.6 

Its really easy to stuff and roast a small chicken or a couple of game hens. You can just buy boxed stuffing and follow the package directions. Put some veggies in to roast with the bird towards the end of cooking and you have a lovely festive dinner. I hope this is helpful.

Spice

- Abraham Lincoln

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.