Bible Study -  Eternal Security Study Guide (126 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 9) 

Eternal Security Study Guide

John 3:15-16 (KJV)

[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life

1. According to this passage, what does the one who believes in Christ have?

2.  Is this a present or future possession? 

3.  Does eternal life have an end?

John 5:24 (KJV)

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

1. What does the believer have?

2.  Will the believer ever come into condemnation?

3.  What else has happened to the believer?

John 6:39 (KJV)

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Will Christ lose anyone whom the Father has given Him ?

...[Message truncated]

• Edited July 24, 2018 7:59 pm  by  John (jepirie)

Reply   Options 

To: All  (2 of 9) 
 533.2 in reply to 533.1 

Romans 8:1 (KJV)

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

What does the one who is in Christ no longer face?

. Romans 8:2 (KJV)

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

What has the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus made us free from?

2 Cor. 1:21-22 (KJV)

Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; [22] Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Ephes. 1:13-14 (KJV)

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, [14] Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

What has God done for those who have believed in Christ?

What does this mean to you?.

Ephes. 2:6 (KJV)

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

• What has God done for those in Christ?

Where has He seated us?

...[Message truncated]

• Edited July 24, 2018 8:02 pm  by  John (jepirie)

From: Sunshine (bornagain2) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-24 8:18 PM 
To: John (jepirie)  (3 of 9) 
 533.3 in reply to 533.1 

John 3:15-16 (KJV)

[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life

1. According to this passage, what does the one who believes in Christ have? Everlasting Life

2.  Is this a present or future possession? Future

3.  Does eternal life have an end? No

John 5:24 (KJV)

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

1. What does the believer have? Everlasting Life

2.  Will the believer ever come into condemnation? No

3.  What else has happened to the believer? They will pass from death to life

John 6:39 (KJV)

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Will Christ lose anyone whom the Father has given Him ? No

John 10:28-29 (KJV)

...[Message truncated]

From: Sunshine (bornagain2) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-24 8:27 PM 
To: John (jepirie)  (4 of 9) 
 533.4 in reply to 533.2 

Romans 8:1 (KJV) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

What does the one who is in Christ no longer face? condemnation

Romans 8:2 (KJV) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

What has the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus made us free from? the law of sin and death

2 Cor. 1:21-22 (KJV) Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; [22] Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Ephes. 1:13-14 (KJV) In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, [14] Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

What has God done for those who have believed in Christ? anointed us, is God; [22] Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

What does this mean to you?. I have eternal security in Christ

Ephes. 2:6 (KJV)

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

What has God done for those in Christ? raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus Where has He seated us? in heavenly places

Philip. 1:6 (KJV) Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

...[Message truncated]

To: Sunshine (bornagain2) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 9) 
 533.5 in reply to 533.3 

Actually eternal life is a present possession of the believer.

From: Sunshine (bornagain2) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-25 12:01 PM 
To: John (jepirie)  (6 of 9) 
 533.6 in reply to 533.5 

Ya know John--I almost answered that way but then I thought we still die a physical death first and so I answered the other way. I do see it has a promise to believers now, and so my answer could have gone either way.  Thanks for staying on top of my answers John.  Much appreciated bro.

To: Sunshine (bornagain2) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 9) 
 533.7 in reply to 533.6 

It wasn't totally wrong.  

From: Sunshine (bornagain2) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-25 1:02 PM 
To: John (jepirie)  (8 of 9) 
 533.8 in reply to 533.7 

You are so kind John. Thank you. 

From: Michael (AllofGrace) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-26 5:40 PM 
To: John (jepirie)  (9 of 9) 
 533.9 in reply to 533.1 

Some really good verses there. It is so hard to understand how with all of this evidence so will still say that salvation can be lost. Thanks for putting these on!

Grace and Peace,

Michael

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.