About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Freedom '16   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 2/3/16 by ModAndrea; 864808 views.
VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

4/27/19

Thanks,  she is such a treasure to us.   She is actually just 2 in the photo, she is 5 now but still cute.

Nice to hear from you.

xVivienne

Triff (breathefree)

5/1/19

Dear Viv your furchild is gorgeous.I miss my wee girl but she hung on until my son came home from Germany.Two weeks later she passed quietly on a sunny Saturday in July.We found her in the morning so unwell and knew it was the sad day.She lay beside us outside at the table while we had lunch and we kept her close until she went.My son was wonderful and we gave her a wee funeral.He even hoisted the wee box on his shoulder and carried her out wrapped in a pink blanket and he got her favourite toy.

I didnt miss a moment of our last time smoking or even think about it.No clouds to hide in anymore for any of us.

Here she is as a companion to my late MUm

So good to see you here and I feel proud of you and all those who stick to the journey.Well done

Triff

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

5/1/19

She looks like  a cutie.      I am a bit mad, but I think animals are practically human.

I am plodding along here......not smoking so that is a plus.    I still haven't worked out my exact smoke free time, but that will be something to keep me amused.     I need to adopt an attitude of not stressing........

Hubby is going up to North Queensland to see our son.      Who knows I might get some spring cleaning done.

Nice to chatter on.

Vivienne

Triff (breathefree)

5/1/19

Yes Viv my Lana was my furchild and constant companion who gave so much pleasure,unconditional listening and loyalty.it didnt surprise me she hung on to stay with me while I was alone and the quietly went to her rest.

My son and his new fiancee are having puppies and I wait to her the click clack of puppy feet on my floor one day.

Of course they are family

triff

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

5/1/19

Hi Triff.       if only dogs could really understand.........our girl missed out on her walk this morning.   hubby usually takes her but we had things to do today.  She is really not happy,  i guess I will need to take her later.   What town in NZ do you live?       As I think I told you my daughter and family love NZ and have been there twice for annual holidays.

Must go.

Hugs for you at this sad time.

Aussie Viv

Triff (breathefree)

5/1/19

I live in Otago on the Penisnsula and enjoy watching the Albatross breeding

https://albatross.org.nz/

https://albatross.org.nz/

Marge has us watching Eagle nests too and all these little things helped us become strong

Triff

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

5/1/19

How amazing.   I am going to show pica to my daughter.     When they go to NZ they just hire a car and go to all interesting spots.

Hope you are having a good day.

Aussie Viv

Triff (breathefree)

5/2/19

Viv any day above ground is a good day and even better if you are Free.Actually got amazing sunshine and I am going to be able to go outside without gales and gloom.

Triff

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

5/3/19

yes any day above ground is a good day.     I have just had a great argument with my hubby.     He is going to see our son and I am stuck organising the tickets etc.

However, it will pass.

Hugs

Aussie Viv

Triff (breathefree)

5/5/19

Ok so Roll call for May.Sign in

Triff

Thanks all I havent mended the broomstick yet.