About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Lonely Quitters Post Here Anytime!!!   Quit Support

Started 8/26/15 by Deb (fluffersDeb); 15000 views.
In reply toRe: msg 93

Just did some digging and found this old thread for those finding it lonely in their quits as people stop posting. Read through the thread from the beginning and you'll see that many people went through the same icky stuff you are going through. Quitting is a mind game and keeping constant support is paramount. Good luck to all new quitters.

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

GlennBegins

May-30

It's such a process of learning to love one's self.

SUZ7a

May-30

Hey Glenn,

I totally agree with you that quitting smoking is all about reclaiming your self-worth.

Who can resist choosing peace over pain? Quitting is so, SO much about self-awareness, identifying our troubles, and seeking restitution. People known for their optimism already have what it takes to quit for good.

It's all in your head and heart. You want a good life, just as Your Maker intended. When I get a little crazy during this quit, I enjoy the feeling because I know that my body is correcting itself for my sake. Masochist, you ask? Nah, I just enjoy the awareness of my restoration happening inside me. 

GlennBegins

May-30

Well we always chose the high road and now find ourselves with the rest of our life to lead and the hope lies only in willing the good. We thought smoking was leading us to something good. That it was stimulating thought. That it was pleasing to the most high. Maybe it was. I just cant do it. I've lost too much from those herbal spliffs. 

Loreficent

May-31

I’m moving my answer to you here instead of the games area.

Are you a new quitter Glenn? Yes...smoking was and I think still may be considered “Bohemian “? Though not a necessity for that life style either I suppose. It seems to be an addiction that doesn’t have many boundaries for sure. Just a stranglehold on anyone that allows it...

How long ago did you quit? 

GlennBegins

May-31

I am always quitting it. But I have been able to stop before when I thought things were going better. Now I am caught again because of loneliness. I feel like I have the dose low but yes short answer is that I smoked a couple puffs yesterday morning and also this morning. 

I am sure I can do it and I want to be rid of it for myself and for my kids and for many reasons. 

Thanks!

Glenn

Loreficent

May-31

I’m sure you can do it too Glenn. We all CAN. The question is will we? Leading to the next logical question of “When?”

Where are you located? Curious cause of your awareness and like of “bohemian “...which is everywhere of course...

You sound like you like to cook. Anybody that cooks is a better cook than me. Too easy and leaves more time for other things I like if I just consume things that are effortless and simple to make, hence, the very simple kitchen. Once in a while I cook out of enjoyment but not often. Simple means less time cleaning too...which I am desperately trying to teach my teenager. That and not to ever smoke, but I know she never will.

GlennBegins

May-31

Simple to make a homemade baked bean dish in slow cooker with broiled root vegetables and chard on top at the last 5 min.

But yeah I live in the Puget Sound area also known as the Salish Sea. Just got divorced so been smoking a few every day. It hurts my heart and I want to be G2G without drugs.

I am already glad i got on this forum. I made a list and took notes and put them on the wall. I mainly want to stand in front of young people and teach in public schools so I can't be a stoner for much longer...but can still be bohemian. 

Loreficent

May-31

Ahhh...yes...I’m a bit crunchy myself here in Portland, so just South.

I do LOVE my Slow Cooker. Has saved many many nights raising even my vegetarian daughter. Me...I LOVE the Salmon we are so fortunate to have here. Will never eat Atlantic Salmon again. Just not the same, yes? Other than that I’m VEG too. Mostly...still Venison on Thanksgiving.

GlennBegins

May-31

Im,

I strongly suggest two a days with focused exercise 1 hr each. Get a trainer to help but for sure write down the repetitions you do. Be gentle on yourself. 

Peace and all the best 

Glenn