About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Cazza's junkie journal   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 7/4/17 by Cazza2468; 5440 views.
In reply toRe: msg 17
Cazza2468

7/7/17

66 hours since my last cig.  Having a fairly serious craving at the moment.  Just ate 2 pieces of chocolate.  Don't think it helped, but I enjoyed eating it all the same.

By the time I wake up tomorrow I will be into day 4 and supposedly nicotine free.  I wonder if I am going to feel better when all the nicotine is out of my body?

i haven't been for my walk today as the weather is not very nice today and I am feeling a bit fragile so I have been spending a fair amount  of the day laying around and not doing much at all.  That was not my plan for today!

One thing I have noticed since quitting is the difficulty that I am having getting motivated to do anything.  Hope I manage to turn that around soon. There are things I really need to get done and I keep putting them off till tomorrow

Caz

In reply toRe: msg 18
Cazza2468

7/7/17

72 hours smoke and nicotine free.  That is 3 full days.  That means I am nicotine free!  I had purchase a pack of patches in case I wasn't able to go coLd turkey,   but now I have done the first, worst 3 days.

soon it will be time to go to bed and when I wake up , I will be half way through day 4 .  That sounds pretty good to me.  Half way through hell week makes everything feel bettter.

I won't say it has been easy,  but it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be.. Sometimes I think our own self talk can be the wrecker of our quit.  Maybe we convince ourselves that it is too hard for us to beat this.  What we really need to be doing is telling ourselves that this is definitely doable and we just need to keep at it one minute/hour/day at a time.

Nicotine withdrawal is not painful. It is annoying/irritating/unsettling.   But I would wager that cancer is very painful.  When I think that I can't do this anymore I just remind myself what real pain might be like and move on and stop feeling sorry for myself.

Caz

In reply toRe: msg 19
Cazza2468

7/7/17

I am into my 4th day.  84 hours.

i haven't had any craving today.  Lots of thoughts about smoking but no cravings.  I have these bargains going on inside my head which I have to keep stamping down because I don't want them to gain traction and turn into a craving.

i am going to endeavour to go walking today because I know that really does me good.

i have to get organised for my trip away also.  Also have to deal with one of my friends that I am staying with is a smoker. I am making a plan to deal with this.  Smoking only occurs outside so I will have to make sure I do not go outside.

i was coughing a little today.  Must be moving the junk from smoking.  I might try to get to a pool and do some serious swimming because that is really good for post smoking lungs.

Caz

In reply toRe: msg 20
Cazza2468

7/8/17

96 hours. 4 full days!  I am ver y proud of myself.

no cigs. No nicotine.

The first half of my day was really good but I must say the second half was a bit of a struggle.   I am thinking it is part of the icky threes and that tomorrow will be a much better day.

i did my walk today. It really does help a lot.

ok onwards and upwards tomorrow being 5 days is getting very close to a week..  ok, stay in the moment.  Don't get too ahead of yourself lol.

Caz

In reply toRe: msg 20
Cazza2468

7/8/17

Damn

just lost my post. Not doing it again.  4 days !  Woohoo

Caz

ModSue (VentasSue)

7/8/17

Hey Caz

Four days is fantastic!  You're doing so well.  You're through the first of the Icky Three's which is a massive hurdle to overcome.  Soon be one week and that will be an event to be celebrated with a good, healthy run!  Keep going - you're doing this.

In reply toRe: msg 23
Cazza2468

1/30/18

I thought I might drag out the journal I started a while back.Well today is 7 weeks nicotine free for me.

i am very happy about that.  I must say I am a little surprised at how much easier it was to get here on this occasion.  I am not going to become complacent and relax, but I do think that “attitude “ has a huge impact on he quitting process.

At the moment I can say that I am not having cravings at all.  I occasionally feel a vague sense of something missing.

i suppose this could change at any time so I am staying alert to sneaky craving catching me out.

I purchased a pack of patches as back up if I needed them but I am glad I didn’t have to use them.  I think, if you can, it is very helpful to get all of the nicotine out of the system.  

Caz.  Quit smoking December 13, 2017

In reply toRe: msg 24
Cazza2468

1/31/18

So yesterday was 7 weeks but today is 50 days, that’s worth celebrating also.  So hooray for me.  I can’t remember the last time I had a craving. Not this past week or the one before.

i still have thoughts about smoking but when that happens I just brush them away and tell myself not to be stupid.

I Think I need to start doing some more exercise and it looks like a nice sunny day today so I might venture out there

caz sun_with_face

Congratulations 7 weeks is awesome!! You are getting that quit mindset!! I found exercise truly helpful in changing my moods and giving my lungs a great workout. It made me proud to feel I was doing something truly awesome for my body. I feel healthier than I've ever been now as an exsmoker. Keep on kicking nicotine's butt. You will feel this too so just keep on NOPING everyday. Nice job!

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Cazza2468

1/31/18

Thanks Debbie

i just had my walk and I feel good.  Now onto the next 50 days. I am already feeling much better.  The congestion has cleared and my ears feel much better

Caz