About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Cazza's junkie journal   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 7/4/17 by Cazza2468; 5411 views.
Eve1973

Aug-12

You are today 6 months! Skimming through your journal, I see this is the 3rd time you are here. I am so happy that you didn’t give up! 

Just remember to always NOPE, even if just in your head! If I see someone smoking I just think NOPE! 3rd time is a charm and remember to always always reward yourself on milestones! It helps. Plus it reminds you that you need to continue so you can reward yourself next month. No matter what don’t ever give up! You can do this!

Cazza2468

Aug-13

Thankyou so much eve. So nice to have the support.

yeah I have been here a few times but that was on the back of an 8 year quit. This really is a terrible addiction and you really need to stay on guard for a long time. Never think you can just have that one

good luck with your quit and keep on noping

caz

Eve1973

Aug-13

Yes! I will stay on my guard! I think that is the pit fall of thinking “oh I can just have one” but I definitely know I can’t! I would be back to 2 or 3 then a pack, then cartons. Nope definitely Do Not want to do that! Keep plugging along, soon you will back to to a year!