About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPEembers 2017   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Dec-3 by ModDee; 2519 views.
ModDee

Dec-3

Greetings NOPEember 2017 Group!

Welcome to your kickoff buddy group thread! This is the place for you to continue to get quit help, information and just hang out and get to know one another.

As we like to say around here, an educated quit is a successful quit - so keep reading and absorb everything you can on this site, the forum and elsewhere around the web. Arm yourself with knowledge and it will help you start the work of changing your relationship with your old smoking habit. Once you do that, you are on your way.

Settle in and get comfortable. This is your home base, but as always, the entire forum is here for you. ;-)

((((( NOPEember 2017)))))

Best wishes to all of you.

• Edited December 3, 2017 7:14 am  by  ModDee
KalyaRed

Dec-3

Hi Dee :)

Thank you for your words and for setting a comfortable place for us. 

Hugs!

ModSue (VentasSue)

Dec-4

Hey Kalya

Thought I'd just pop into your new home and wish you well.

You're doing amazingly well.  Keep it up.

KalyaRed

Dec-4

Good morning, Sue!

Thank you so much for the encouragement! 

I'm grateful to be a part of this forum! :)

Have a great smoke free day! 

Hugs! 

In reply toRe: msg 4
2tandingtall

Dec-4

Roll call

how many NOPEembers do we have?

My quit date was 11/26

In reply toRe: msg 5
KalyaRed

Dec-4

Count me in!

My quit date was November 18th! At 3.28 pm to be exact :) 

ModDee

Dec-4

You're welcome :-)

Thanks Dee for the space,

My quit date was 24th November

Kind regards

Anthony

KalyaRed

Dec-5

Hi, Sky! 

I woke up from a nightmare where among other bad things I was smoking. 

It's the second night I have the same nightmare - slight variations but two key points: my mother dies and I'm smoking. 

Usually, when I dream I'm smoking, I wake up feeling "nooooo, I've blown it, I'll be a slave forever now" but this morning I woke up with a different feeling. Like I'm having my coffee and I'm missing something. 

Thankfully I checked the forum and read your post about those old people getting frail and still intoxicating themselves. 

Thank you for your post! 

Have a great smoke free day!

Hugs!

2tandingtall

Dec-5

Hi Kayla

i have had smoking dreams in past quits - sometimes it can take awhile to recover from the disappointment of thinking that you smoked. The great thing is that the disappointment is temporary once you figure out that it was a dream 8)))

I am feeling good that I have been able to stay smoke free for 8 continuous days.  I've battled this addiction for too long and I am doing my best to stay strong.  I am avoiding triggers and keep  reminding myself that I want my freedom back.

it doesn't seem that there are many nopeembers...

steve