About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Just joining??   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Dec-7 by mamamia624; 229 views.
mamamia624

Dec-7

Hello all! I am just joining and am new to this whole forum support idea. I am hoping this is going to the NOPEember group (still trying to navigate around here)  I am looking forward to this journey and am very motivated! My quit day was November 23 (thanksgiving. I quit cold turkey. Lol). Seriously though, this has been a stressful and trying two weeks. But I am proud I have come this far already. I know I will be needing some support here as I have been a closet smoker and support is hard to come by when no one knew I had this awful habit (I'm sure more people knew than I thought). Anyway... I'm glad to be here. 

In reply toRe: msg 1
mamamia624

Dec-7

Ok. I clearly am on a learning curve here. I'll figure out how to post in NOPEember soon enough... I believe I need to "reply". Sorry for my confusion ??

ModSue (VentasSue)

Dec-7

Hey Mamamia

Sorry you've got a bit lost on the Forum.  It is confusing at first.  Try this link:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/quit_smoking/messages/2957/1

It should take you straight into the November group.  Try to read through all the posts there as Dee will have put up information on using the Forum as well as lots of tips on making your life easier during your quit.

Don't hesitate to post again if you have any difficulties.

LetzBfriends

Dec-7

Hey, hey! Fellow closet smoker here! Quit 2 days ago, and am going kinda crazy but I got this. I was using my smoking time as a time for myself. Time for quiet! Hard quitting when nobody else really knows you are trying. My husband is not helpful at all, he acts like he could care less, whether I quit or not. What gave you the crazy idea to quit on thanksgiving?! Whoa, brave woman! 

Hi LetzBfriends you and  Mamania are at he right forum where you will get great help and support.Its not easy but it is do able in tiny steps with support.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/quit_smoking/messages/2957/1

This is where to join and you will be welcomed.Its a place to learn to re think and undo the grip nicotine has on us

Post or read as much as you can.I was a bit scared at first and now know if you post someone will answer and keep you on the right road

Triff

Hi LetzBfriends,

Welcome to the forum.  Congrats on taking that first step to reclaim your life from nicotine addiction.   Join other December quitter's by clicking on the link below.  You have reached the best possible place for support.  You can do this; let us help you make this your forever quit.   Education about nicotine addiction is a huge key to success. Please take some time look at all the articles in the December thread .  It is full of  helpful articles.  This is the beginning of being successful in reclaiming your life and giving yourself those that care about you the best possible gift ever, a healthier you.