About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1035174 views.
karno12

Sep-23

Today was interesting....weather....sunny 72 got up to 82.....and we couldn't turn on the window AC units...cause we saw cooler temps and took them out and packed them away for next yr...who knew....older son has us over for dinner that was cooked by the second born son.....homemade chicken pot pie....so delicious....now the windows are all opened hoping the temp drops....it is supposed to drop to the 50's    hope so.....hope all is well with you both and Finn too...

karenvans

Sep-24

Hello to all!!! Weather here is beautiful Still in mid 80's, but gets cooler at night. Our outdoor pool is open until Oct. 6th, so my friends and I have been going almost everyday. There are 4 of us women that meet there almost everyday and float around and talk. Talk about Heaven!!

karno12

Sep-24

hope your day is going well....yesterdays high was 84....today is 74.........strange.....but it was a good day....a neighbor was reunited with their  lost dog....and we went to visit and say goodbye til next spring to a friend who will be 101 in Dec.....she is so perky....and always knows who I am....it is so great....I met her when I was 10 or 11.....

karno12

Sep-25

Good morning....down to 54 last night....supposed to get up to 74   hard to believe it will...did a little more packing....seems to not be making much progress...but there is so much last minute stuff...and one more load of wash before we leave....we both decided to start out with jeans cause it will be so early and I expect cold...once we are in Virginia...we will switch to capris or shorts.....most likely for the rest of the trip.....and our meals will work out quite well...not much to give away...at least the main dish part.......I am anxious to hit the road and get home.....

Susan1206

Sep-26

Dear Kitty ~

Sounds like you are ready to "hit the road".   Next week is to be hot here ~ in the 80's.  Maybe Summer has come to Avon Lake!

Busy, busy.  Questers State Convention coming up soon.  Much typing to do.. Reunion still looming.  I will be so happy when the 14th of October arrives.  How is that for wishing your life away.

A very new hair cut for me....short, short, short.  Would love to have had it highlight/lowlight and once again they persuaded me NOT to do that.  Am I doomed to be this color silver??

((hugs))  Safe travels.  Catch you on the flip side if you are leaving.  Susan

karno12

Sep-26

Good morning......hope all is well....

karno12

Sep-26

can we see a picture of your haircut?  and love your silver color...I only highlight my hair cause the grey isn't total....to much darker hairs....it almost looks like I streak it grey....LOL....genetically....my Mom's side....she was a brunette with a few gray hairs....(grey)  her Mom (my favorite)  had long dark hair with a few gray hairs when she passed at 80.....

Susan1206

Sep-26

Hi Kitty ~

A new short style. I’m not sure how the spouse likes it ~ but I like it....  

karenvans

Sep-26

Susan:  I think your hair looks adorable, and I also liked it before, too. As long as your like it, that's what matters.

Susan1206

Sep-26

So true....  I was not use to my late husband’s opinion on clothes or hair.  He rarely ever commented that he didn’t like an outfit or style.....

. I am of the opinion that I dress and look for ME.....  maybe I am becoming a modern woman like my daughters. Lol