About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1092786 views.
Cocoa60

Nov-10

Morning Susan and all.  You are right, I don't want to be sitting in the living room in my slippers and reading a paper,

while looking out at people excavating on our property.  Got an estimate on part of the work we need done, $12k.

So all of it is more than the cost of the backhoe.  Never got an estimate on fixing the water seepage through the

basement walls but is lots of work and time.

My wife mowed some back when I was in college full time and working full time.  Was a job for her to keep up as well

as me.  Lot of that time we only had a push mower.

It's warmed up a little this weekend but back into the artic cold after Monday's snow storm.  No doubt a copy of your

weather, just different days.

Think vaping is less money than cigarettes and absence of carbon monoxide. 

Would like to be in Kitty's 70s weather.

Have a great day all!

Ernie

• Edited November 12, 2019 4:27 am  by  Cocoa60
karno12

Nov-10

we got up to 66 degrees but it did get up to 78  and sunny.....

Cocoa60

Nov-11

Morning Kitty.  Glad it's staying warm for you in the south.

It's fairly warm here this morning, 37 degrees.  Brandy and I will be able to walk

this morn.  Rain today, then snow after midnight I think.  Only supposed to be

3 inches.  Three days in the 20s this week.

I clicked on that link you left and saw the pictures of your house, was very nice.

It's great you got to spend Winters down there on the island. 

Have a great day all!

Ernie

karno12

Nov-11

Good morning Ernie....glad you got to see the house....and what are you doing up so early???  37 is pretty cold....we got down to 66 yesterday...open windows and let the fresh air in....first time since last spring...,.

karno12

Nov-12

Good morning all...hope you aren't all freezing to death   

karno12

Nov-16

our temp never got above 69 today...very windy today.....had to wear a jacket............... no action on the house.......life goes on....hope you are well....

Cocoa60

Nov-17

Morning Kitty.  18 degrees here this fine morn but supposed to be 40 and part sunny today.

Only got up to 32 yesterday with a bright sun.  I was out in the woods hunting part of the day, froze.

We got a new all season wood panel to get the tractor across the ditch, with some panels underneath.

We're supposed to get a couple days in the mid fourties this week, got some concrete crack sealer to

finish that job.

My wife went to a smart phone so we've been working on getting that activated and info transferred

the last couple days. 

We got a new neighbor few years ago, has bee smoking for 50 years, he tried to go to vape but couldn't

even do that.  They are from Russia but speak english pretty well.  I never made it to 50 years, about 38.

My wife is about at 50 but last few years are vape.  I still think it's best to skip the carbon monoxide.

Have a great day!

Ernie

karno12

Nov-17

Wow its cold out there.....we got down to 60 last night....I don't care how cold it is I want sunshine and it hasn't been for two days....guess I'd forgotten about your wife vaping....she isn't doing the dangerous one tho right??....and your neighbor sounds like it would be interesting to have a conversation with.....glad you got the ditch fixed so you can use your tractor.....(I smoked for 55 yrs).....hope your day is a good one....no one is looking at the house....leading up to the Holidays probably won't be much activity....

karno12

Nov-17

I am starting to feel like I am in CT and it must be Feb....no sunshine again....and it never got above 63....the sun "might" shine tomorrow...

karno12

Nov-18

The sun is shining today....at last...it is depressing without it....hope all is well with you...