About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1214883 views.
cherbearquit

Mar-5

Susan, I noticed higher than usual prices at the grocery store on items like disinfectant wipes. It is a shame how businesses take advantage of people. I always try to have extra items in my pantry during winter in case of a heavy snow, so we should be ok. Entertaining is always more hectic for the woman of the household! Your menu sounds delicious. I am sure your guests will enjoy! I plan to be outdoors as much as possible this weekend and walk often. I need to burn off all of the Girl Scout cookies I have been eating. Lol! You have a great day and enjoy this sunshine!

Cherie

Susan1206

Mar-5

Dear Cheri ~

arghhhh...Girl Scout cookies ..............I LOVE LOVE LOVE thin mints.

Carry on......

((hugs))  Susan

cherbearquit

Mar-5

Those are my favorites also! 

Cocoa60

Mar-6

Morning Cherie.  That's my Monte Carlo SS, it still looks the same but granddaughter is 16

now, has a job.  She's a dear but we don't see her near as often.

Neighbor brought his dog out yesterday, asked me where I've been.  So Brandy got to walk

her 5 miles and play with her buddy.

My wife will put the cookies away somewhere, she already knows I can't have many of them.

It was fun selling them with my granddaughter.

Supposed to get some snow and rain today but Brandy and I will probably find a window to

get in our walk.

Have a great day Cherie.

Ernie

Granddaughter with Cocoa's parents, Buddy and Princess.

Cocoa60

Mar-6

Morning Susan.  I haven't had to do without my wife.  It's a terrible thing to

think about. 

We did all our floors except one bedroom.  Don't know when we will get to

that.  I need to do a lot of digging outside soon.    The backhoe loader was

way over budget but we would have to pay an excavator otherwise.  We already

got an estimate of 12k for part of it.

Will be watching my 3 grandkids in the parade tomorrow with their dad.  35

degrees, could use 45.  smile  Sunday and Monday are nice weather.  Then we

head up to north country for a niece's baby shower.  Wife has a younger brother

much younger than her, all my siblings are older than me.

Have a great day.

Ernie

cherbearquit

Mar-6

Good morning Ernie. Oooh I always loved Monte Carlos! Great car! It is kind of sad how fast these grandkids grow. I try to spend as much time as I can with them, because I know when they reach those teen years, their lives will be so busy with school, work, friends, etc. We are having the same weather also today. The upside of today is that I have made it to 3 months! I am so grateful to be at this point of the quit process. I know there will be difficult days but the worst part is behind me.  So moving on to the 4th now. Glad that Cocoa got to play with her friend (Is she a female?). lol! Wasn’t sure.  When our dog was still here, he just loved playing with other dogs. He was so big but very gentle, especially with kids and puppies. I always called him the gentle giant. I miss him but don’t want to start over with another pet. Well, I hope you have a great day! 
Cherie

Cocoa60

Mar-7

Morning Cherie.  It's just Brandy now, Cocoa died last May.  She was sick last

couple years of life.  Brandy is 7 years old, her and the neighbor dog are both

girls.  I love starting over with dogs, it's the end I can't stand.  Brandy only has

4-5 years left.

Glad 3rd month mark has come and gone.  I think completing 3 months was

real good time back then.  Can't let your guard down though, still a ways to go.

Hope this month goes well for you.

Grands will be in the St Patricks parade today.  I will be on the sidewalk watching.

35 degrees and a cold 10-20 mph wind they said.  Wish it was going to be Sunday's

weather.  At least I'm going to be dressed well, I could have been one of those girls

trying to look sexy in the cold.

Waiting for parts for 2 amplifiers and one radio.  Noticed I ordered the wrong ones

for one of them so had to place another order.

Have a great day.

Ernie

cherbearquit

Mar-7

Good morning Ernie. I guess that brain fog is still here. I did not realize I called Brandy Cocoa until I read your post this morning! Sorry about that. I know what you mean about their last days. That is why I did not get another pet. It took its toll on me last time I had to say goodbye. Our parade is next Saturday, the 14th. I almost spit out my tea when I read your comment about how that could be you in the parade in the cold trying to look sexy! So funny! I always felt sorry for those in the parade, because it is usually cold! The high temperature is supposed to be around 45 around 4 p.m. today, so I am going to go for a walk around 3. Guess I will spend my morning/early afternoon cleaning. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. Stay warm! Better days are coming!

Cherie

Cocoa60

Mar-8

Morning Cherie.  Glad we are still here smoke free.  I spent some time on the

elliptical and walked 5 miles with Brandy before the parade so just walked to

the end of the parade route and stayed there.  Was great to see my grands out there.

Only ever saw 34 degrees here yesterday, 45 would have been better, was sunny

though.  We never did get the couple inches of snow they predicted, was for Friday,

I think.  Snowed just a little.

It's terrible when my friends leave this earth, especially Cocoa and her mom, Princess.

Sometimes Brandy barks at people and animals but has never been mean to anything.

Cocoa like to protect our area, where ever we where.  She would fight with other dogs.

Hope you enjoy your parade.  We are going North for niece's baby shower this morning,

will be up there for a couple days.  Supposed to get much warmer this afternoon.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Think their lives would have been much worse if I hadn't taken care of them. 

cherbearquit

Mar-8

Good morning Ernie. It got up to around 48 yesterday, so I was able to go for a nice relaxing walk. Oh how wonderful it feels to enjoy the sunshine and fresh outdoor air as a non-smoker! Also got some cleaning done and watched some shows that I recorded earlier in the week. That is great that you got to see the grands at the parade. Now off to a baby shower. What a great family-oriented weekend! It is sunny, the birds are chirping, and I am looking forward to walking today! I love this kind of weather! I need to do a little shopping today also, since I have a follow-up appointment with my doctor tomorrow. I am sure he will be happy to see that I am still a non-smoker and managed to lose weight. I lost 17 pounds since the beginning of December. This surprised me, because most times weight gain is associated with smoking cessation. But, I changed my diet to healthier foods and made sure I wasn’t eating to replace smoking. Instead of sugary or salty snacks I stuck with fruit or celery sticks. Well I hope you are also enjoying sunshine today. Have a great day!

Cherie