About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1384555 views.
cherbearquit

4/22/20

Hi Susan. I saw the granddaughters, my daughter and son-in-law Sunday. I stayed by my car and they were in their driveway. The youngest started to run towards me yelling “huggie”. I just said 6 feet, and she stopped. I told her air hugs and made the motion like I was hugging myself but told her that this was my way of sending her and her sister hugs. They both started doing the same and laughing.  It was so good to see them but it does hurt being away from them. Our Governor has extended the stay-at-home till May 8th. Looks like this is going to be a slow process. I just want everyone to stay healthy. It is concerning that some states are rushing things. I guess time will tell how this all plays out. I know I will continue to be extremely cautious regardless of what decisions our leaders make. Yesterday, it was cold and very windy. Unfortunately, there was a house fire that was fueled by the high winds and ended up destroying multiple homes. So sad. That is the second fire in less than a week. A young man died in a fire a few days ago,  so many sad things going on. Hopefully, things will improve soon.  Glad to see that your remodeling project is coming along well. At least you are being productive during this down time! Well, I am going out for my walk. You have a good day and stay safe! 

Cherie

karno12

4/22/20

Really having cabin fever and we are lucky here cause we can get outside and visit friends from 6 ft apart....the problem today?  it is too hot to go out or bike to the beach....the temp is up to 89   they say the hurricane season may start earlier cause the water is so warm...warmer then usual....hope not....don't know where we would go to evacuate....

Cocoa60

4/23/20

Morning Susan.  Changed mowing daughter's lawn until Saturday afternoon, supposed to be around 60 degrees and some sun.  Much better mowing weather than yesterday.  All the mowers need maintenance but I need engine oil and filters for them.  Probably go to auto parts sometime.  I'm certain they're open, everything except bars, restaurants, hair salons, gyms, and movie theaters are open.  Maybe put it off a while longer, the machines are fairly maintained from last year.

Won't be tackling home improvement now, I would be at the stores 4-5 times a day.  We spent most of the warmer weather putting in new windows and trim last year anyway.

Brandy takes me for a walk everyday.  She doesn't go to fast, taking it easy on me.  We need to come up with a route change besides the hill we just added.  One stretch of road ego guys in their pick-ups are coming very close to us.  Brandy doesn't understand people and if she makes one little mistake she's hurt badly or killed.  She was hit by a dump truck as a puppy, chasing a cat, squirrel or something, but she seems to have forgotten.

Trying to learn phase shifting between two antennas so the two of them are directional, that cuts out all the noise from one direction and makes it easier to hear someone from the other direction.  I talk to lot of people who understand it and have constructed antenna arrays.  I also have books and the internet.  It's a slow learning process but working on it.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

4/23/20

Morning Cherie.  Speeding on towards your 4th month, think it is.  Governor of New York is trying to slow the opening but I think some of the rural counties are getting ahead of him.  It does make sense that this will come back with the flu season in the Fall.  My next door neighbor thinks we are all going to get the virus at least once. 

I didn't see my kids this week, wife will probably go down and watch them in their car while my daughter gets groceries.  Think I will go over to mow their front lawn Saturday but doubt I will see the kids. 

I'm still in one or the other exercise about 4 hours a day.  Hard to get things done but need to do it for now, maybe a little less later in the Summer when I only need to stabilize my weight and glucose.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

4/23/20

Morning Kitty.  I had heard it was very warm in Florida but hadn't heard or thought about the water temps.  Maybe the virus will subside and you will be able to move north just in time.  It would seem that it would disappear soon just like other strains of flu.  That must be why they are opening the beaches with it being so hot.  Many probably don't have AC.

My 13 years has passed so yours must be coming up.  To bad John and Barb aren't here to celebrate.  Also Smoker Dave.  That girl in the midwest with the 15% lungs and the lady that traveled from California so both of them could go to Texas together to look into her lung transplant.  I saw they both died at almost the same time couple years later.  There were others too.

We are colder than usual in the northeast, your family up north probably telling you.  Strange to think of it being near 90 degrees.

Have a great day.

Ernie

karno12

4/24/20

so far the heat has not impacted the virus....still going strong...Sanibel just reported 2 more cases...so this little island is up to 8....don't have any specific locations ....and we don't want to travel...rather stay put until it is safer to travel....wonder what the new "normal" will look like...

Cocoa60

4/25/20

Morning Kitty.  60 and sunny here today, among many cool and rainy days.  Will probably get part of my daughters lawn mowed today, part didn't need it but will see it again.  Not sure if I will get the grinder over there and sharpen the blades today or not.  Changed engine oil in her mower in the Fall because it was low anyway.

Enjoy your day.

Ernie

karno12

4/26/20

another humid day today...it was 95....and we had thunderstorms and downpours...unusual at this time of year.....but we needed it...heat does not kill the virus nor does the sunshine....everyone take care  and yes my 13 is coming up in July....can't believe it....

Triff (breathefree)

4/27/20

Just popped on to see how you were.Today is day 32 of total lockdown  and borders shut.Tomorrow we go dow a level and my daughter sill visit for the first time.The grandchildren are learning at home a d their Dad is working from home too.Level three tells us to still isolate but some contactless buying can occur.

So good to see you are all still safe. Keep up the good work and stay where you are safe.The world will be very different but right now we need those skills we all learned here.One step at a time

Trifff

Cocoa60

4/27/20

Morning Kitty.  The jet stream has cut us off from that heat for the foreseeable future, or at least up to the 8th.  Supposed to get back to the 60s by next weekend, today is rainy and 40s.

It's grocery day.  Wasn't fun before but more of a pain now and we have to pay for it.  Our gasoline finally down to $2.25, over to our west 40 miles its $1.89 in same state.  We aren't going anywhere so cheap gas doesn't help, should keep going down but will most likely shoot up when the use goes up.

At least you and your husband are isolated on the island so hope neither of you get sick.  Glad we made it to 13 years.  Tend to think of it as automatic but it's not.

Have a great day.

Ernie