About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1314168 views.
Susan1206

May-20

Dear Cherie ~

Always worry a bit when someone goes a missing.  I call it mia....

Hoping it indeed is your internet server......and that all is well with you.

Still gloomy here in Avon Lake.  A bit ole cloud hovers above us.

((hugs))  Susan

Kittyarnold

May-20

It is special stuff....not a bottle of polish....peel and stick.....many designs and colors...that is why he does it for me...similar to a stamp....lasts for 10 days and up....will private message you with the info...

Cocoa60

May-22

Morning Susan.  We visited my wife's parents and brothers family, all doing well.  Looks like Cherie logged in on the 20th, hope doing ok.

We are supposed to get a little swath of the tropical storm this eve and Saturday morning.  Will try to get the lawn mowed today.

Brandy has a hurting foot so her walks have to be cut down to almost nothing for a few days.  I will have to go on alone for exercise.

I get a flea-tick collar for Brandy for about the same months.  Sorento think it is.

I have to get the AC units in here and at one of my daughters soon, hotter days coming.  I will probably get the pool opened soon, has been

to cool to bother with it.

I'm getting the old Verizon wired landline phone reconnected to use the 1957 rotory phone from my dads house and a rotory we bought in the 80s.

We did have a cable phone in the house for years after Verizon but it's to much to get it put back in.  Comcast bought Spectrum here and we would have

to change our cable plan over to comcast to get that system hooked up again, $50. a month.  Rotory phones don't work well from the cable modem anyway.

It's only for local calling.  Been a pain working with Verizon, 7 calls to get this going, used to take one call.  Guess they're only interested in the more profitable wireless.

Brandy loves going up to our inlaws, have 5 dogs up there.  I used a log splitter up there, I've split wood with the hand tools many times but first time with a splitter.

Have a great day, supposed to be nice until evening.

Ernie

Cocoa60

May-22

Morning Cherie.  Hope all is going well.  Brandy and I have to walk early in the day so not so hot.  She hurt one foot

so she can't walk very far for a few days.

I was near a couple people that still smoke this past couple days.  Glad we don't have to go through all that anymore.

I remember last year the guy was helping me carry a window up one flight of stairs and we had to stop in the middle so

he could catch his breath.  I was like that some years ago.

Hope your internet connection is working better now.

Have a great day Cherie.

Ernie

• Edited May 22, 2020 6:27 am  by  Cocoa60
Cocoa60

May-26

Morning Cherie, hope all is going well.

Kittyarnold

May-26

I am hoping that Cherie is still here and staying safe....and the flowers picture was lovely....it has become very quiet in our country....in our states....and in our houses....strange....

cherbearquit

May-26

Hi Ernie, Susan and Kitty, Sorry I haven’t been around much lately. I was having connection issues and couldn’t determine if the problem was my laptop or the cable connection. We have had problems for quite some time with internet connection and at times, our cable connection. After getting the runaround numerous times during phone consults and following their tips, which always ended up not fixing the problem, they finally sent someone out to replace the line. Seems to be ok now. I’ve been pretty busy helping with the grands, since school has been at home by computer and my daughter works from home. I am happy to see them and glad I can help. But, I am exhausted when I get home. Lol! It was very hot today at 90 and was outside with the grands while they were swimming and jumping on the trampoline. I don’t know where they get their energy! My younger daughter came with me today and gave them and my daughter badly needed hair trims. The youngest grand’s birthday is Thursday, so they are having a small party for her Saturday. So we helped with some household chores today to take some of the burden off of her mom. I have been exercising by walking as much as I can. I am very grateful to be a non-smoker, especially in this heat. I feel so much better than I did last summer! I hope you are all doing well and staying safe and healthy! 

Cherie

Cocoa60

May-27

Morning Cherie.  I'm up early to beat the heat and Verizon will be here between 8 and 12 to figure out why they cannot connect our old 4 wire phone landline.  Want to hook up my dad's old 1957 rotory phone that I grew up with.  So I have little time before I have to head out on our walk around 5 AM.  It's already 63 degrees at 4:30 anyway.

I'm glad you are ok and your internet connection seems to be resolved.  Also, you are getting to see your grands.  Last eve was the first time my daughter and grands have been over in the couple months because they got a new dog that seems to have kennel cough.

Hope you enjoy your day and your grands.

Ernie

Susan1206

May-27

Hi Cherie ~ 

Phew (as she mops her brow), I'm happy to hear that you are alive and well.  Actually, we followed your last note or two and saw where you were having connection problems.  Technology is oh so great when it works ~ but.....

I'm up early.  Finn, my eight year old Golden Retriever, was panting throughout the night.   He will have a bath and badly needed hair cut next week.  His coat is very thick, rather like us wearing a fur coat in the summer.  So, I rose and turned down the a.c. to 72, gave him two hemp chewie pills for dogs, fresh water and he promptly went back to sleep.  Me, not so much.  He's eight and a large breed dog (100.6 lbs at our last visit).  I see changes in him as he ages and that's always so concerning to see what looms ahead.   

Yes, I do know about the exhaustion that comes with watching the little ones.  Bronwen (age two) can just about do me in.   I have had her from one afternoon, overnight and into the next day.  As much as I dearly love her, it's a lot but then she is only two and I'm blessed to see her and play with her.

Our kitchen is coming together.  We will take a month off and then start the flooring in our main living room.  I love the wood floors.

Take care.  Carry on.  Glad to hear you are smoke free and doing well ~

Susan1206

May-27

Hi Ernie ~

Too hot ~ too soon, in my opinion.  I have been working indoors/and outdoors.  Painted the shoe molding in the kitchen, closets, foyers and half bath.  Not so easy on the knee or back being up and down but it all looks great.  Love the plank vinyl flooring we put in the kitchen, foyer, half bath and hallway.  We visited Menards with the rebates from the flooring, and bought a stainless steel back splash (20 cartons) of subway brushed that we will put on in a week or so. Rebates totaled the amount of backsplash plus caulking.  All good. The new microwave will go in this week and if all goes well, the kitchen will be done in two weeks.

Daughter gave us an Ikea cupboard (glass front) that had some type of lacquer on it.  Jim tried a deglosser and thought that would work.  He painted it terra cotta and the paint would not adhere.  Peeled off like skin.  So, now we are sanding and stripping the piece and then to be painted.  A lot of work but it stores lots of dishes in the kitchen for us!   

We will take a break for a month and then continue on with the flooring in the living room.

Sounds like you are very busy with your projects.  I love nostalgia and the phone idea.....Do you remember a party line?   My grandparent's had one at their farm.  I think they shared it with a neighbor down the road.  

Take care.  Going to cool down by this week-end.  Not ready for high temps yet.

Susan