About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1337219 views.
Cocoa60

5/29/20

Morning Kitty, glad you are both doing well.  Have heard it's very hot in Florida for some time.  Hear a relative talking about what they heard from a Florida relative on Ham Radio.  Hope you have good luck selling the house when you want to sell.

We are all doing well here, nobody we know has gotten sick.

Have a great day Kitty and stay cool.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

5/29/20

the weather is hot...up to 91 during the day   so yes summer is here.,,did bike around the neighborhood this evening.,,days are simple   we do little...have shown the house twice the other day...no offer made yet...will keep everyone posted

cherbearquit

5/31/20

Hi Susan. Hope all is well with you. I know all too well how the heat affects large breed dogs. Our last dog was a boxer/mastiff mix and he always panted excessively during the summer. So, I would run the a/c more often for him. Lol! We celebrated the youngest granddaughter’s birthday yesterday. Although it was on a smaller scale, it was a nice party. I can’t believe she is five already. How have things been in your city? Unfortunately we had protests that ended with violence, so we had a curfew last night and tonight as well. There was a lot of damage to the downtown area. It’s sad to see many small businesses enduring this destruction right before they were about to reopen. I pray we can all heal from this. Such a sad time. Take care and stay safe!

Cherie

cherbearquit

5/31/20

Hi Ernie! How have you been? I was glad that the temperature dropped a bit, since last week was too hot and humid so early in the year. It is difficult to go for walks when it is that hot. If it’s a day I am not watching the grands, I try to go early, but I can’t do that on the days I am with them. Today the weather was great. We celebrated the youngest grands birthday yesterday. So, it was a nice family day. Unfortunately our city had protests that turned violent resulting in a lot of damage, so we had a curfew last night and still have one tonight. I hope people come to their senses soon. This makes me nervous, because I only live about 10 minutes from the location of this. If things get worse, I could always go stay at my daughters, but for now, I’m ok. What a year this has been so far, and it’s only the end of May! My daughter’s work schedule has been changed temporarily due to this virus and the impact it is having on her workplace, so I will be busy helping with the grands until this is resolved. I hope you are staying safe!

Cherie

Cocoa60

6/1/20

Morning Cherie.  That's what I was doing, taking early morning walks with Brandy.  Was funny, Brandy would go to bed early even if I was a little late.  Now it's cool so we are walking in the afternoon.  Lot of people were out on the back roads yesterday, walking and jogging.  I'm almost down to my target weight, still walking about 7 miles and 1.5 hours on the elliptical when a project doesn't bump it.  Lots to do here and at my daughters this time of year.

Got my parent's 1957 phone running again.  Don't get many calls but that's good, means we didn't get a number that was just recently disconnected.  The repairman had to fix the lines in two places to get our service working, it's been years since anyone wanted a regular land line hookup.  smile  Most would want a cable phone because it's cheaper and includes caller id, long distance, etc... but I wanted this old bake lite rotary to work.  I had it hooked up on cable phone before and it barely worked.  You couldn't hear others on it and I don't think you could dial out.  My mom put a 9 foot receiver wire on it when I was a teen because I kept pulling it off the stand talking to girlfriends.  grinning  It still has that cord.   It has a drop of white paint on it from when they were painting the walls, door, or ceiling.

We have some protests here also but a smaller city and calmer protests. 

Couple more cool days before it starts to warm, have a great day.

Ernie

I would like to see my grands more often, looks like we are back on our weekly pizza parties.

Susan1206

6/2/20

Dear Cherie ~

Yes, there has been turmoil down in the city of Cleveland.  Lots of buildings looted and smashed.  Very sad.  We live 25 miles west of the city and yet we can see the city from the shoreline.  It's all people who have been brought in and want to use the sadness of the death to create chaos.  I believe Cleveland is locked down until Friday.

Nice that you had a gathering.  Things are coming back slowly but surely and that makes me happy.  I get to babysit Bronwen this afternoon as my daughter has her first salon appointment.  I get to go Thursday.

Finn on the mend after a three day bout of diarrhea.  A trip to the vet and medicine that has finally worked.

Take care.  ((hugs))  Susan

Susan1206

6/2/20

Hi Ernie ~

Hoping to get the inside of the CRV cleaned out today.  Picture one 100 lb. golden retriever who lols around in the back seat.   The late husband always would clean my car.....the new hubby doesn't.  LOL.   I guess I will run it through the Goo-Gone Car Wash if I can get all of the hair swept up.  It's supposed to rain later.

So much unrest everywhere.  I told Jim I am happy that we are the age we are...... worry about our children and their children....what kind of country we will have in twenty years......  I fly our American Flag each day and pray that all of this civil unrest will end.  Bad enough that we are in a pandemic and now all of this.

On that solemn note, I say carry on.  We are smoke free and relatively happy and much much to be thankful for.

Hugs, Susan

Cocoa60

Jun-3

Morning Susan.  I remember our cities burning in the late 60s along with Martin Luther King being shot and then the National Guard shooting Vietnam War protesters in two states.  All that only a short time after President Kennedy had been shot.  Seemed worse back then but I was young.  I lived on a farm in rural PA so it seemed like it was a world away from me.  Not much different now, I haven't seen anyone get the virus or die.

We have a Rav4 with an area for Brandy and easy to clean.  I still have my Subaru I got back in 07 when we stopped smoking, was crowded in there with grands and a dog.

We will have to head out on our walk soon, strong storms today at about 11AM on.  I bought a John Deere garden tractor couple years ago when our next door neighbor moved, did the maintenance on it, washed it and waxed it, last couple days.  I took it over to my daughters and gave it to her.  I'm having a hard time keeping her old Craftsman running and her lawn was a foot high in many places, had to go over it twice.  She has a much larger lawn than we do.

Opening the pool.  Chloranator cell says no flow.  Think I have a broke wire.  If the flow sensor is bad I saved the old cell so maybe the sensor from that will fit.  I changed it over to salt water about 10 years ago.  Other than that all is going well.

Hope your day goes well.

Ernie

• Edited June 3, 2020 6:13 am  by  Cocoa60
Kittyarnold

Jun-3

You sound like a handy guy to have around...My husband is like that...not with mechanicals but house building , electric, plumbing etc....we are cooler today the high is only supposed to be 84 instead of 90's  cloudy and rain again today   stay well

Cocoa60

Jun-4

Morning Kitty.  Wasn't a broken wire, the flow sensor is actually gone bad.  Ordered a new one but won't be here until Tuesday.  I bypassed the flow sensor circuit in the main circuit board so it will start measuring salt in the pool water and start chlorinating.  I bought 7 bags of salt and put 2 in so far.

Supposed to be 84 here today so Brandy and I have to head out soon.  Going up from 74 instead of down from 90.

Wife is a very good and kind person, to kind for this world in many situations.  She should have gotten a better person than me but I try.

Have a great day and stay cool.

Ernie