About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1263239 views.
Cocoa60

Jun-17

Morning Susan.  For some reason I get Sanibel Island ads in my Facebook.  The shell image is from there.  They must put a lot into advertising.  Cut part of a tree down for my daughter yesterday, we were lucky it came down where we wanted it to.  Was larger than any tree I ever cut down, huge crash.  Now lots of clean up to do.  Got through that without a scratch but got pine needles in my eye helping my daughter get some stuff down off some tall shrubs.  She was getting rid of some stuff and pushed it out the upstairs window on top the shrubs.  I should have carried the ladder down there.

I read my previous post and realized a sentence sounded wrong.  Meant my wife is lucky to still have her parents, not that I'm lucky I don't need to buy gifts.

Sorry you got hurt sanding, hope the cupboard is worth it.

You're probably getting this hot and dry spell same as us, enjoy the weather.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Jun-17

Morning Kitty, hope your sale is going through smoothly.  Nice hot dry spell for us up north.  Shell picture is from a Sanibel Island ad I saw on Facebook.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jun-17

Good morning Ernie.....sale is going well  house inspection yesterday, I think we passed....weather is hot and humid,   Sanibel is in the rainy season....you are probably out walking the dog now....have a good day and thanks for staying in touch....

Need_Freedom

Jun-17

Hey Kitty!  Such good news, I knew you were wanting to move back "home"!  And now it is going to happen.  Things change and life goes on but I know it will be hard for you to leave your little "paradise".  Hope you can find the perfect retirement home!  

I have caught up on the postings.  I usually jump in here every few weeks and read to see how everyone's life is going and don't always post unless I feel the urge...lol.  Covid up here is slowly abating however, we are slowly entering a phase where as you know, people were protesting and gathering so we will see what the next 2 weeks bring.  Nice to finally get a hair cut and next week is nails...beauty stuff you know!

And Susan...would chalk paint not have adherred?  I redid my whole bedroom suite a few years ago with off white chalk paint (no sanding required on old shiny dark oak) then stressed it with sandpaper and I love it. Will look for a pic!

Well, nothing really to mention except we still have pretty cool weather and lots of rain.  Helps the grass but need the sun to make it grow.

Well, got the pics, one sideways on right side up!!  lol

Donna

Kittyarnold

Jun-17

Good to hear from you.....still packing all goes well...will be hard to say goodbye to our friends and neighbors....

Susan1206

Jun-17

Hi Ernie,

Pine needles in your eye sound quite painful.  Be careful that doesn't scratch your cornea.  Only given two eyes...so we need to be protective.

Enjoyed a nice day with both daughters and granddaughter.  Lunch on a patio and some shopping.  We don't get together that often, so it made me happy.

Knock out roses in full bloom.

Happy Father's Day.  I'm sure your "tribe" will do something for you!

Susan

Susan1206

Jun-17

Dear Kitty ~

Sounds as if you are indeed "ahead of the packing game".   Will it be hard for you to leave?

I was thinking the other day that it has been twelve years ago this month when school ended....that we moved up here.  Doesn't seem possible really.  For some reason, this now seems like home......rather than North Canton!

Looking at my beautiful knock out roses in full bloom, evening primrose, feverfew,hostas ~ I love June.

Enjoy the week-end.  Happy Father's Day to Brian ~   Susan

Susan1206

Jun-17

Hi Donna,

Nice to hear from you.  Thank you for posting the pictures.  Beautiful job.  I have looked into chalk paint but originally wanted to paint the cupboard a terra cotta.  It' been so exhausting and time consuming that I just want it done now.   Have decided to go with a weathered wash (grey look) over the knotty pine.  Rather vintage looking.   The stain must be ordered from either Lowes or Home Depot and that will take another week.  On we go.

Yes, we are slowly reentering the world.  Some lunches with friends, but mostly all on patios outside.  Masks as we go to the stores ~ although many do not wear them.  Unfortunately, we are in a category at risk due to age.  So, we will follow the rules.

Stay safe.   ((hugs))  Susan

Cocoa60

Jun-19

Morning Susan.  Eye is healing, finally.  Getting backhoe loader cleaned and lubed, had trouble with my grease gun but straightened it out.  The Winter chains hit a hydraulic coupler and uncoupled it so took me a little while to find why the backhoe wasn't working.  Then we had a thunder storm so I will start working on Friday.

We finally had another pizza night with our daughter and grands.  I eat vegetables, the pizza throws my glucose readings off for 48 to 72 hours.  The kids enjoyed getting into the pool for the first time this season. 

We have a chance of rain every day in the forecast but lots of sun too.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Jun-19

Morning Kitty.  I was watching a tv show where couples had to find a house in a new state and close the deal within 3 days, long weekend.  Thinking of you guys moving.  At least you two won' t have to rush like that.  Still a lot to take on.

Have a great day.

Ernie