About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1288114 views.
Cocoa60

Jul-8

Morning Kitty.  I wouldn't stress out over stuff not fitting in the pod before you know if it will.  You two will get it done, I have faith in you.

Warm here this morning also.  Hope it doesn't rain here so I can get more digging done.  Got a lot done yesterday but another hour would help a lot before we get another cloudburst.

Parts came in for my wife's car.  Lucky we called in to check, they said they called her cell but no message or missed calls.  They must have to pull the engine down out and remove the transfer case to replace the clutch because it's in the shop for two days.  She gets a rental included in the warranty. 

Took my electric screwdriver / nut driver over to my daughter so she can assemble her chicken coops.  I had left a cheaper model there but it's worn out.  Got the cheaper one for Christmas about 15 years ago, it did a lot of work, time for it to retire.

Hope you two get a chance to go to the beach before you leave.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-8

The beach is so close we will get there before we leave come hell or high water as my Mother used to say...it is only a short walk past 3 houses and we are at the path...today a neighbor is coming over and sitting on the porch with me to pack stuff...still a lot to do  but feeling productive today....already 80 the realtor in CT keeps sending us listings...a couple were so interesting that we had our daughters go check them out for us....they won't work...well we will see what is there when we get there....

Cocoa60

Jul-9

Morning Kitty.  The beach must be a ways away if you need bicycles to go there.  If it were close I would think you could go every morning before it gets hot.

It would be difficult to look at homes for someone else but your daughter is trying.

A large storm front came through here in the evening yesterday but missed us.  I went back outside and did more digging.  The two drainage ditches are about done.  One is about 200 feet long and the other connects into it, is about 50 feet long.  I might have to work on parts of them after I start putting the gravel and drain pipes in them.

Brandy and I are still walking our 6 miles in the morning with two steep hills.  One of the streams on our route is dried up but the other is still running.  Brandy likes to wade in the water and cool down.  We are usually back before 9 AM.

I have a rain gutter joint leaking badly, got a can of flex seal yesterday but needs 24 hours to dry.  Maybe get that done today.

Have a great day, hope the packing is almost completed.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-9

the beach is close enough to walk too....and I used to do that everyday at dawn for a couple of hours and look for shells...but because of back issues I can't walk far...maybe from the bedroom to the kitchen etc....so the tandem bike is my new form of transportation....another reason to move north now....the daughters check it out and say no you guys don't want this one because  etc....

Cocoa60

Jul-10

Morning Kitty.  We got a bunch of little jobs done yesterday so didn't move any large projects forward. 

My granddaughter stayed the night because she needs a ride to a hair dresser early this morning.  So I'm up an hour early to move my schedule back.  It will still be light out when Brandy and I head out for our walk.

We have a chance of getting torrential rain from that storm moving up the coast from down your way.  Hope it misses us and the other rain front coming in from west, must be.  I still have lots to do without rain.

Sorry your back hurts, didn't remember it had gotten bad.  I remember you talking about it over the years.

I only have my big toe hurting some where I dropped that log on it at my daughter's.  I'm losing the nail so hope get a new one.

Have a great day Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-11

I guess I forgot to respond yesterday...sorry.    we have been flat out packing ....hope today is a good day for you....doesn't look like the weather is okay    didn't look too good....

Cocoa60

Jul-12

Morning Kitty.  Hope your packing is over soon.

Working on the power steering leak on my Subaru Baja I got back in 07.  Had to cut the leaky oil line to try to get a wrench or socket on it to remove it.  Have to cut it closer to the fitting for a second cut.  The Dremel I'm using to make the cuts stopped working so had to bring that in the house and fix it.  One of the brushes for it's electric motor had stopped pressing, so got it working again.

Rained a lot here for 2 days so I can't move the tractor until the ground dries, would make a huge muddy mess.  We got that tropical storm that came up the coast, then a front from the west.

Stay cool and hope you enjoy finishing up the packing.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-12

will so enjoy getting the packing over with,....we are both tired of it all....just want to be there.....I've said it before and will say it again....you would be good to have around....have a good day and keep on keepin on....

Cocoa60

Jul-13

Morning Kitty.  A great morning to be alive.  Daughter and grands came over last night for pizza and swimming.  Always love seeing them and their new dog.

Started the work on the Subaru.  The oil leak was a line on the rack and pinion steering.  Got it off the car but I can't buy one without buying the complete rack and pinion unit.  So I have to go to the junk yard today and look for one.  Has to be a car with the engine out to get the line out without cutting it.

Has rained hard here 3 days in a row.  Won't be able to move the tractor for 2 or 3 dry days, maybe more.

This week is my blood test and the follow up appt.  What I've been working on for 6 months.  If the dr doesn't start dropping some of these meds, I will have to do it on my own.  I have many prescriptions and don't believe any are good for me.

Have a great day Kitty.  Cool down here, don't get out of the 70s today.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-13

it is 82 already and the packing is going well.....hope you find your car parts today....have a good one Ernie....have more to do today....