About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1295293 views.
Kittyarnold

Jul-27

Well the trip went well but went straight to hospital to get control of the pain.....it took them until today so I just got here and saw Brian for the first time since Thurs  and that I was in a medi van and he had to finish the house packing and he drove up Friday and arrived Sat.....he couldn't see me because he had to be quarantined for 2 wks.....so now at our daughters and she is a big help.....still discomfort but at least I can walk now for the first time since last Sat.....and the bigger news is that we are going to look at a house tomorrow that looks very promising.....

Cocoa60

Jul-28

Morning Kitty.  Glad you pain is less and the trip is over.  You got here just in time for a cold front to pass through.

I got a lot of work done on the drainage ditches last couple days but still not done.  Might be able to continue on if we don't get to much rain.

Don't know yet if Brandy and I will walk this morn, radar shows rain at about 8:15 and 10:15. 

Daughter brought grands up for swimming Saturday and Sunday.

Hope you enjoy looking at homes. 

Ernie

Susan1206

Jul-28

Dear Kitty ~

Not sure I comprehended what happened on your trip up North ~  you arrived and went straight to the hospital for treatment?    Oh my, what an awful time for this to happen.   Big fear is to enter the hospital alone without Jim ~ guess that is what we now face.

Well, you are now back North and feeling better I hope.  Looking for a house will be a wonderfully fun thing to do.  Will you have your furniture in storage up North?   So many details.

A lovely day here.  Did not have a good day with knee (injection no. 2) called and they said it often happens.  Would like to take a boat trip over to Kelley's Island for the day only.  Mask, of course.  Big debate is whether to take the convertible over or just rent a golf cart.......

Stay safe and well   Hugs.   Susan

Susan1206

Jul-28

Hi Ernie ~

Lovely day here by the Lake and God's Glorious Water yesterday ~ at least a few inches or so.  Made all of the flowers and trees and gardeners very happy.

Must cut back knock off roses today.  They rebloom so much better when they are cut back and deadheaded.

Delayed a trip to one of our islands (knee injection caused much pain).  Will possibly try tomorrow.

Nice weather ahead the next few days.  Cooler!  Enjoy

Susan

Kittyarnold

Jul-28

we looked at a house and already made an offer....

Kittyarnold

Jul-28

it unfortunately happened before we finished packing on Sanibel....I just couldn't walk because of back pain....pinched nerve the clinic said without any image or XRay....but meds...laid on the couch for 3 days and said pain...Ft. Myers being a hot spot and the closing on the house coming right up my daughters hired a medical van to come to the door of the house and Sanibel and pick me up    a gurney got me into the van....there was a nurse and two drivers....they drove straight thru and took me to the hospital here....arrived Friday and just got out yesterday.....now at daughters and doing slightly better....we did manage to look at a house we have been considering and actually made an offer....hope it works keep fingers and toes crossed please...

walker and wheel chair and shower chair and on and on....should be a clean recovery....

Cocoa60

Jul-29

Morning Susan.  We have the cold front coming through with storms today. 

I have trouble with one knee but glucosamine twice a day takes care of it so I'm lucky.

I have my haircut appt at my wife's salon today.  Got a role of the lesser landscape cover for my ditches so have to go get a heavy duty role to continue.  I can use the regular weed block role around the pool.

Brandy and I made it out on our walk a little late yesterday, a little light rain but not bad.

Good luck with your knee today.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-29

Good morning Ernie....can't see out the window yet ...think it might be a threat of rain.....the first all night sleep in a couple of wks...how nice was that.....and yesterday we looked at a house in person that we have been looking at for a month or two from Sanibel...and made an offer..there is already an offer but we made another with no contingencies and hope they jump...today physical therapy evaluation and a virtual Dr visit...amazing ...I will sit here and Facetime my DR.....what a world....

Cocoa60

Jul-30

Morning Kitty.  Glad you are happy up north here.  Hope you get the house you want.  I'm thinking we will live in this house for the duration.  Raised our children here for the most part.  Our first daughter took the Army tour with us first.

Tried to get some work done on the ditch yesterday but didn't get far before it rained.  Had to go to my haircut appt. first hair appt for me ever.  Then had to go buy some more landscape cover.

Brandy got to play with her dog friend next door yesterday.  Took her out because she was bored out of her mind in the living room and her friend was out.

I went into the clinic and had blood drawn and went to see the dr for the follow up.  Think I'm all done with appts for this ear.

Have a great day Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Jul-30

today a little more sore then yesterday but I think I was trying to rush too much.....stopped cutting down on the pain meds.....hope your day goes well....PT tomorrow....should help    daughter is a good cook and aside from being ready for us she is feeding us too......