About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1291337 views.
Cocoa60

Jul-31

Morning Kitty.  Hope your back improves, maybe with the therapy.  Lucky to have a daughter there.

Cleaned up the last of the gravel here, waiting for the last two loads.  Guy must be out on a construction job.

We will take some time to go get supplies today, leaving for all day family reunion tomorrow.  It will be back

in the town I grew up in, where I met my wife back in 72.

Have a great day Kitty.

Ernie

Susan1206

Jul-31

Hi Ernie ~

Glad cooler weather came for you.  A bit humid today but started out at 69 degrees.  Projection is rain over the week-end and boy, do we need it!

Glucosamine.... how many mg. per day?  I would be interested in purchasing some.  Gel injection went fine.  Said the pain on Day 2 or so is a good sign??   On we go.  

Not too many plans for the week-end.  Hope to finish the backsplash and then we can proceed on to the main room flooring.  Will keep me out of trouble...just don't know how the knee will do with the up and down on the floor....Maybe I need to invest in a knee pad.

Enjoy the week-end.  Susan

Susan1206

Jul-31

Hi Kitty ~

Yes, another kind of world as we have never known.  I enjoyed a virtual visit with my Allergist a month of so ago.   The Cleveland Clinic is rather dead....  Many many employees standing around making sure you use a computer to check in......all the usual questions plus:  temperature??  travel??  etc.   They are definitely keeping their numbers down on in-person visits.  I had my third gel injection today.  Three strikes and we will see....Guess on to the well known Dr. Malloy in the Spring for knee replacement if this doesn't work.....

I'm glad you are feeling better.  Exciting news on the house.  Hope it all works out for you ~

Where is your furniture??

Susan

Susan1206

Jul-31

Dear Kitty ~

Wanted to mention how absolutely wonderful that your daughters would see to it that you traveled North in comfort!  Kudos to these beautiful girls you raised!   Susan

JoJoMn

Jul-31

Hello Kitty, Susan, Ernie!

Just popped in to make sure I could still get into the forum - and to say HOLA!

Will be back tomorrow... 

N. O. P. E.

No retreat. Upward. Onward. Forward.

QD 08/01/15

Jo

Kittyarnold

Jul-31

The daughters are wonderful....we are at Mary;s house and she is such a good cook.....leftovers for lunch somekind of pasta and shrimp and spinach...(supper last night)  other daughter is doing some of the paperwork for the closing on the house which happens Monday....sons coming to visit outside if the weather cooperates....everyone is so loving and devoted. how blessed are we....take care of you knee

Kittyarnold

Jul-31

Hi JoJo....how is life going for you....we sold are Sanibel house and are in CT....looked at a house and made an offer already....might be a slow process.....

Cocoa60

Aug-1

Morning Susan.  I started taking Glucosamine when I saw it was such a miracle for my dog friends.  I take 1500mg Glucosamine with 1200mg Chondroitin twice a day.  Takes care of arthritis that I have.  I give the same I take to Brandy.  Their doctor also uses our over the counter for their dogs.  They get a ridiculous amount for the same thing for pets.  Mine is about $20 a bottle, $70 for pets, which I paid for a while back years ago.  I give the dogs one pill a day.  Brandy has to be cut in half in peanut butter.  She feels the large pill and leaves it.

I cut a tree down for my daughter about a month ago and while I was cutting it up in pieces I dropped a log on my big toe.  Still having trouble with it.  Brandy stepped on it Thursday night and really hurts today.  The nail turned black long ago and now my toe is red since Brandy stepped on it.  We still made it 6.5 miles this morn but I might have to spend more time on the elliptical if it doesn't heal a little.

Have a great day

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-3

today is a better day...plus the Sanibel house closing went thru....so that part is over.....haven't heard from our offer here and the house we liked....on hold for all of that ....hope your day is lovely  sending hugs to all my friends...

Cocoa60

Aug-4

Morning Kitty.  Glad you finished half your business.  Warm up here but cooler than the south.  Maybe hear from your offer soon

I'm finishing up my drainage ditches just in time for a day of rain from the storm.  Still have to build a small wall to keep mud from going into one ditch.

Put new weed block and gravel at one end of the pool and it's corners.  Can't get the tractor bucket over the fence to dump gravel but I can get it to the top of the fence so I can use a ladder and shovel to get the gravel where I need it.

Have a good day.

Ernie