About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1331550 views.
Susan1206

Sep-3

Hi Kitty ~

Not sure if I responded.  Bronwen is here for two days.....Finn up several times during the night.  Dropped her off crying (middle of a temper tantrum)oh my!

Did you see your house looks like a barn?   Dutch Colonial....Gambrel roof?   Oh my, sounds beautiful.  Our home 1977 was out of a colonial magazine and was a gambrel roof design with long front windows in the front.  All brick ~   I so miss our home.

Well, you will have lots of fun redecorating, etc.  Five acres?  Surely, you will need a big dog... Lol

Susan

Susan1206

Sep-3

Hi Ernie,

Just think of all the $$$ thousands you have saved by being a hands-on person!.  Kitchen is complete with last shelf hung.  Now, a break and begin to tear up carpet in main living room.  We did buy all of the planked floor, transition pieces and end caps.  Just waiting for a bit to begin again.

Cool and breezy here.  Had the 2-1/2 year old granddaughter for two nights...it's a lot to keep up with them. Susan

Cocoa60

Sep-4

Morning Kitty.  Hope your testing went well. 

We got my brothers ham radio antenna moved and installed where they live now.  Works well.

I need to take some calk and seal the hole next time we go down.  My dad had a coax fed antenna there once so the hole was already there.

I ate a regular fatty hamburger with white bread bun and french fries so my glucose and weight will both be up today, take several days to drop back down.

Drove my Monte Carlo SS and it worked well.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Sep-4

Morning Susan.  We put in Laminate flooring about 9 years ago.

Our grands are all much older than that.  Sad but had to happen.

Our refrigerator freezer stopped cooling enough.  I noticed I didn't always hear the relay on the control board click when I plugged it in.  The relay controls the compressor and the fans.  So I replaced it and looks like we are good.  That's dollars I didn't want to spend right now.  Our last frig was 25 years old and still worked when I gave it to a friend for a garage beer frig.  The shelves were starting to rust.  One we have now is much younger.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-4

sometimes eating restrictions are too hard to follow....sometimes I just want a hamburger and fries too....and I don't have restrictions but shouldn't eat too much beef anymore.....no results on the testing....and still haven't picked colors to replace the purple and orange  would love to do it all...but we can't  paint or do anything inside until after the closing and we haven't a clue when that will be...

Susan1206

Sep-4

And what kind of appliance lasts 25 year?   I had an Amana once....side by side in Green that lasted forever.  I got tired of the color!

On hold now for 25 plus minutes waiting for the IRS Tax agent.  Seems I mailed my Federal Return in a timely manner....they CASHED my check within two weeks ~ and YESTERDAY, I received a letter complete with penalties and interest that I had not paid it.  NEVER in my entire life have I been remiss in checks.  So, now here I am on hold trying to figure out why they say I never paid.  As a sidenote....if the government can't properly credit you with the money you sent...how in the heck is this mail in balloting going to work????

Sunny here.  Cleaning lady was called in.  Can't do all of this.  Had granddaughter for three days and Jim's family this week-end.  Way too much.   ((hugs))  Susan

Cocoa60

Sep-5

Morning Kitty.  We bought our original place before the tornado and it wouldn't have passed the tests.  Hope yours passes.

My weight and glucose weren't up so working on the antenna all day must have cancelled out the effects of the relaxed diet.

Painting will give you something to do in the future I guess.

We bought some new concrete blocks for the Winter pool cover since I used old ones for a barrier to keep mud out of the lower drainage ditch.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Sep-5

Morning Susan.  It was a GE frig but the new one is also a GE and didn't last nearly as long before we had to fix it.

They are two different government agencies so hope the votes count and also that you get your tax payment straightened out.

We're going to a memorial for a friend that died today, second one in last 30 days.  Before that ten years since last one.

I need to go to the Farmers Market first and our 8 mile walk before that.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-5

Good morning Ernie.....no news about anything....getting restless for it all to happen.....patience is a virtue which I don't have....spend the time when we should be sleeping....imagining paint colors.....arranging the furniture in the living room.....etc....also getting thru the surgery to take place in a hospital that isn't hometown.....

Cocoa60

Sep-6

Morning Kitty.  Raining a little here so might be late heading out on our walk, 7 or so maybe.

We went to the memorial for our friend, we should have stayed in touch better after they moved away but probably everyone says that.

Bridge was out on the route there so we had to put the car on a different road and relie on the GPS.

Hope nobody else dies for a while.

Have a good day Kitty.

Ernie