About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1339412 views.
Kittyarnold

Sep-21

woke up to 41 degrees.....chilly.....no plans for our day as yet....wanted to go to new house with a painter to get an estimate on the job....no flat ceiling in the living room....and it is cathedral.....not a job we want to do....would take lots of ladder height....hope your day is wonderful....

Susan1206

Sep-21

Good Monday morning to Miss Kitty and Ernie and all those who may tune in ~

A most beautiful (although chilly) sunny morning here by the shore of Lake Erie.  The sun is shining and it is making "dust" throughout the Great Room.  Need I say more?   Dusting and washing windows will be on my list today.

I see neighbors placing their corn stalks and mum plants in place.  It's time to think about doing that for sure.

Enjoy the week.  I hope all is well with both of you.

((hugs))  Susan

Cocoa60

Sep-22

Morning Kitty.  Good you can get into new house to look at painting job.

My wife has been looking at colors for a couple months or more for kitchen and dining rooms.

Chilly mornings but nice days.  Brandy and I finally got back to our walks yesterday, was hot then chilly, left at 3:30pm.

Finished the drains, a desert out there now.  Maybe plant some grass when the rain starts back up.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Sep-22

Hi Susan.  Hope Finn is doing well.  Brandy and I got back to our walks, had stopped for a backhoe project and a little my back.

I created a lot of dust and no rain for a while but soon the Fall rains will be here and won't stop.

I see corn stalks and pumpkins but will prob wait for October.

Brandy and I switching to afternoon for walks briefly, warming up again though.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-22

Good morning Ernie....woke up to 39 degrees...must have been a frost in the lower valleys...we are sitting on top of a hill...we did bring in our house plants a couple of days ago....too cold for the peace lilies .....hope your day is wonderful...

Cocoa60

Sep-23

Morning Kitty.  A little warmer here this morn, 43.  Brandy and I will probably head out about 8:30 AM.

I'm working on making the lawn level and rock free with a shovel and rake.

I have some gravel left over.  Will dig down to the foundation at one end of the house where water collects and fill it in with that gravel.

Hope your back isn't hurting to badly.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Sep-23

it is predicted that we will get up to 76 today  should be lovely...... no plans for the day....we know for sure that the closing will not be earlier then mid Oct....would like to be in the middle of Nov now...surgery over...closing done...moved in....wishful thinking...and my mind is going crazy with furniture arrangement...and last night my mind went to Christmas...where to set up the Christmas tree....I guess I have to much time on my hands....LOL

Susan1206

Sep-23

Hi Ernie ~

Another beautiful day here.  Guess we could use rain.....but the perennials will now take care of themselves.  Finn's o.k.  His ear is thick again (not fluidy).  Guess I'll let the Vet know but I will not use the high dose of Prednisone on him!  Way too many repercussions from that!  Now, he's back on track with digestive issues.  I am trying to give him only his Costco food (salmon and potato).  

Morning chores await me......Having my tribe over for poke bowls (tuna and chicken) this Sunday.  Excited as our family has not gathered here forever......

Allergies abound and auto-immune hives have set in.  Lots of antihistamines and some added Prednisone.  So many thinks worse......

Susan

Susan1206

Sep-23

Dear Kitty ~

Oh my.  If only we could turn off that thing called a "brain" between our ears.   I do the same thing at night.  Often turn to my flower garden (in my head) and think of how I will plant in the Spring.  It helps...sometimes.

Suffering again from a bout of chronic hives....auto immune. Last time, ten year ago.  Pesky and frustrating.

Hope all is well.  Your surgery will be October.   

Hugs, Susan

Cocoa60

Sep-24

Morning Kitty.  I woke at 3 and finally got up at 4, couldn't sleep.  Will get out on our walk early, Brandy won't mind.

Noticed she walks beside me through this one stretch now, she always walks 17 feet out in front unless smelling something.

I couldn't get her to walk on a 5 foot leach like the other pups.  She will turn 8 next month so getting older.

I hope your moving and setting up the house is fun for you.

I just got the pictures from the family I grew up in and there's a picture of one of our Christmas trees with the paper chains on it,

probably the 60s.

Have a good day.

Ernie