About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1330495 views.
Cocoa60

Oct-2

Morning Susan.  Rainy here again this morning so the grass seed I planted getting plenty of rain.

Hope to get out on our walk just a little late. 

At least it's a wedding and not a funeral.  I've had so many old ex-classmates, ex-coworkers die.  Not that I go

to the funerals, I seldom know until later.

Have to go get some more concrete blocks today to hold the pool cover on the pool.  Have some new ones out

there but need about 8 more.  Used the old ones down below new drainage ditch, figured new ones would be

nicer out here on the pool.  Using some of the larger flower pots right now.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Susan1206

Oct-2

Hi Ernie....

A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum..... Well, not really funny.

Yesterday, I discovered thru my Norton anti-viral application, that 27 of my saved Google passwords/Chrome had been compromised.  Not sure what exactly is meant by that....someone can use them, I surmise.  So, I spent copious amount of time deleting all of the ones that were compromised.    

So, fast forward to today, and I can't log into the Forum.  They've given me a new password of nothing that makes sense... Guess I'll have to figure out a different one.....  Usually, I use family names .  LOL

Sounds like you are ready for Fall and the pool is now closed.  The leaves are just a hint of color.  We have a wedding tomorrow that I'm dreading....mask and social distancing for sure.

Thinking of our Miss Kitty....she's probably just now waking up from the anesthesia...

Take care.  Enjoy the week-end.  I'll chat Monday.   Susan

Susan1206

Oct-2

Dear Miss Kitty ~

You are probably just waking up.  I hope the pain is tolerable.  Don't be so brave....and take what they offer to you.  I always worried about addiction.....but you won't be on it all that long.

Thinking of you and happy that this is OVER for you and Brian.

Be a good patient...... ((((hugs))))

Cocoa60

Oct-3

Morning Susan.  Hope Kitty is doing well also.  Leaves are very pretty on our walks.  We have to dodge the rain now.

Can't take the backhoe up on the lawn now, to soft.  I have one small drain ditch still to dig where a back window well

for a basement window floods lot of the time.  Thought the other drains we put in would eliminate the problem there

but didn't.

Got 8 more twelve inch concrete blocks for the pool cover yesterday.

Hope you enjoyed the wedding.

Ernie

Susan1206

Oct-5

Hi Ernie ~

Getting a later start than usual.  Think I may have taken 2 sleep aides last night.  LOL.  The life of a senior...but I did sleep well.

Prayers to Miss Kitty too.  Did she ever publish her new home address?   Sure hope she is out of the hospital.

Wedding over.  Reception outside.  Sat at a table inside with a Dr. of nephrology and a Nurse Practitioner (both from the Cleveland Clinic and their spouses.  Large large round table with six of us.  Masks on through the evening except dining......

Sun is shining but feels cool.  Washing clothes and making baked cinnamon apples are on my plate.

Susan

Susan1206

Oct-5

Hi Miss Kitty ~

Still sending lots of hugs and love to you.  Sure hope you are out of the hospital.

A sunny day here.  Be a good patient and let your sweet husband take good care of you.

((hugs))  Susan

Kittyarnold

Oct-5

out of hospital yesterday....my honey is taking better care of me then the nurses....difficult to get from sitting to standing...once up not too bad....waiting for better....might take awhile....hugs

Susan1206

Oct-5

Dear Miss Kitty ~
So very happy for you that this is behind you!

Healing thoughts and love ~ to you both ~

Susan

Kittyarnold

Oct-5

thank you for the bouquet....hugs

Susan1206

Oct-5

I wish I lived closer to hand you a real bouquet! These are from the wedding that we attended. Blush roses, seeded eucalyptus and berries.  

continue to heal ~  love, Susan