About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1338644 views.
Cocoa60

Oct-8

Morning Susan.  Our wind and rain is over, few days to dry out again.  Would be able to get some work done by Saturday but have the wedding to attend.

I just pick my medicare supplement from the menu.  Have a plan from where I worked.  Getting away from Aetna because they always wanted to do reviews with me.

Constantly calling and voice mail.  Had to block 50 numbers or so and blank out my voice mail.

Contacted others and they are happy with Excellus so will change to that.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Susan1206

Oct-8

Hi Ernie,

I’m going to try and compare Jim’s plan with my Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Since I am considering a knee replacement next year, I’m looking for the best coverage.  I think they all make it very confusing. Must compare apples to apples!

I cancelled the in-house visit that they had set up for me via phone.  They wanted a call between 1-5 pm for an hour    I find all of it a bit of invasion of my privacy   I see my PCP once a year for a complete physical....  too much government/via insurance companies information on all of us floating around out there!

On we go....a sunny day here!  Susan

Susan1206

Oct-8

Hi Kitty,

We ended up watching it ~ not as painful as the Presidential one last week.   TV just reported a few minutes ago, that the next one may be cancelled.   I will be happy when this is all over!

I hope you had a restful sleep.  Time for me to get moving... housework to tend to!

hugs, Susan. 

Cocoa60

Oct-9

Morning Susan.  A cool morning at 42 and will probably drop a little before going up.  Supposed to warm up to 67 here today.

Probably an expensive surgery you are planning.  I got a pamphlet in the mail comparing the four BC BS medicare supplements,

each one more expensive.  The comparison is probably available online.

Aetna just kept it up all year.  I blocked every number that came in and wasn't on my contact list. 

It might dry out enough that I can finish my last digging job and clean up what's left of my gravel pile.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-11

Feeling a little teeny bit better...hope it increases...and hope you and Susan are in good shape....hugs

Cocoa60

Oct-12

Morning Kitty.  Doing good here.  Getting rain from the hurricane today so don't know about a walk, not right now.

My wife, daughter, and granddaughter went digging for crystals yesterday.  I didn't see my daughter's collection.

Wife found a large crystal and my daughter got a lot of rocks with small crystals in them.

I stayed home and dug this ditch we need to drain water away from the back of the basement where the window well floods. 

Not finished yet but lot of it is done.

We went to the wedding Saturday, lot of fun.

Glad you are feeling better.

Ernie

Cocoa60

Oct-12

Morning Kitty.  Doing well here.  I wrote a message but it seems to have disappeared, so if there are 2, that's what happened.

We went to the wedding Saturday, had lots of fun dancing and such.

My wife, daughter, and granddaughter went to a place where you dig up crystals yesterday.  Wife dug up a large crystal, granddaughter

got a bunch of rocks with crystal flakes in them.  Didn't see what daughter got.

I stayed here and dug that ditch we need where the basement window well floods.  About 3/4 done.

Glad you are feeling better.

Rain from Delta hurricane is here this morn so don't know if we will get a walk today.

Ernie

Susan1206

Oct-12

Hi Ernie ~

A beautiful day here ~ picture perfect.  Going to head to the small perennial flower beds soon.  Unfortunately, time to cut back everything in preparation for winter.  

Happy your wife and family enjoyed crystal hunting.  I remember once many years ago when we camped, we found crystals on the sides of the river....great fun for the kids to reach in and pull them out.  Wish I would have kept a few.

Enjoy the day!  Susan

Susan1206

Oct-12

Hi Kitty ~

Happy top of the Monday morning to you.  I hope you are increasing in strength each day. 

A beautiful Fall day here.  Jim and I will take a one tank trip (as they say) on Friday and Saturday to Coshocton Ohio (a bed and breakfast).  It's our peak week-end for leaves....but they are saying FROST and in the 50's.

Froze yesterday sitting at Jim's grandson's soccer match.....windy and cold.

Take care.  Thinking of you.  Susan

Cocoa60

Oct-13

Morning Susan.  We're thinking of visiting wife's parents Wednesday and Thursday.   Supposed to be warm sunny days.

She's the oldest so still has her parents, I was the youngest in my family.

Working on this last little drainage ditch.  Then they are taking the backhoe to replace a cylinder for the bucket thats

starting to lose pressure and letting it drop.

Maybe I will go crystal digging some day.  smile

Have a good day.

Ernie