About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1338603 views.
Cocoa60

Oct-18

Morning Kitty.  Hope they cleaned your floors so you can start moving in. 

Didn't do much yesterday.  My 5 hours of exercise, some with Brandy.

Have to try to finish that short drain ditch today if it's dried out enough.

It's 36 here this morn so a little warmer.  Sunny yesterday, some of our solar lights

are still on this morn.

Have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-18

floors were being resanded and refinished...so it will be a week or so before anything goes on them.....check up on back with the surgeon tomorrow morning...wish me well....walking is still tough but making small gains....39 here this morning.....

Cocoa60

Oct-19

Morning Kitty.  Good luck with surgeon appt.  I would think you would be in physical therapy but maybe not for backs.

Sounds like the floors will be fantastic.  We did most of ours in Laminate almost 10 years ago.  

Got a lot of work done on the drain ditch but still not finished.  I have to get the area cleaned up where we had 32-40

tons of gravel dumped, that's where I get the gravel for this little ditch.  Then I have to shovel it out of the bucket

into the ditch because it's between the pool and house.

Rain will be here 10 or 11, Brandy and I will get our walk in I hope.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-20

the floors will be done today and we can walk on them tomorrow.....surgeon discharged  me and wants me to get an x-ray...am more independent  and can get to bath room and dressed on my own...as long as I don't have to reach in drawers to get the clothes...LOL.....cloudy and only 55 here so far....have a good one...

Wow, Kitty...I've been cruising through messages and see you are having severe back pain. So sorry to hear. Hope things get better. I'll be thinking of you.  And congrats on new home. 

Take care

Carolyn

Cocoa60

Oct-21

Morning Kitty.  So should be able to get into your home today, have fun.

Glad your back is coming along well. 

Supposed to be in the 70s in the northeast today so nice day to see your home again.

I finished the drain ditch in the back, lot of shoveling but need the exercise anyway.

The Fall rain is here but we have a few dry days coming up after a almost full day of rain.

Daughter and grands coming up for pizza this eve.

Have a good day Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-21

hi Carolyn  so good to see you here...yes back surgery a slow and painful recovery....but coming along....I just can't help with the move to the new house....I love putting things in their place....I will be directed daughters and husband....they are putting a couch in the kitchen so I can sit or lay now as needed....thanks for checking in.....

I need to check in more often.  You guys saved my life.  Sounds like Susan is doing well and having a second change at a new life with new hubby.  She deserves it. 

Hello Susan,

So happy to read your posts.  I miss communicating with you all.  Insurance can be sooooo confusing.  We have AARPUnited Healthcare.  We are happy with it so far.  We haven't had any surgeries, (Knock on wood)  I get my meds free.  Hubby not so lucky because he takes Eliquis, which is pretty expensive. 

I figure they are all somewhat the same.  I wish healthcare was less expensive for middle age people who are still working,  I'm speaking of my 40 year old daughter and son in law and grandson. 

How is Finn doing?   Our dog Bella is doing well, but has some health issues.  Waiting for Covid to go away.  It's really interfering with my social life.  HAHA

Take care   Love Carolyn

Kittyarnold

Oct-23

going to the house later....excited...pain is still there otherwise all is well....thank goodness for my loving patient husband...I did manage to get my own socks on today again...LOL