About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1331054 views.

Wow, Kitty...I've been cruising through messages and see you are having severe back pain. So sorry to hear. Hope things get better. I'll be thinking of you.  And congrats on new home. 

Take care

Carolyn

Cocoa60

Oct-21

Morning Kitty.  So should be able to get into your home today, have fun.

Glad your back is coming along well. 

Supposed to be in the 70s in the northeast today so nice day to see your home again.

I finished the drain ditch in the back, lot of shoveling but need the exercise anyway.

The Fall rain is here but we have a few dry days coming up after a almost full day of rain.

Daughter and grands coming up for pizza this eve.

Have a good day Kitty.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-21

hi Carolyn  so good to see you here...yes back surgery a slow and painful recovery....but coming along....I just can't help with the move to the new house....I love putting things in their place....I will be directed daughters and husband....they are putting a couch in the kitchen so I can sit or lay now as needed....thanks for checking in.....

I need to check in more often.  You guys saved my life.  Sounds like Susan is doing well and having a second change at a new life with new hubby.  She deserves it. 

Hello Susan,

So happy to read your posts.  I miss communicating with you all.  Insurance can be sooooo confusing.  We have AARPUnited Healthcare.  We are happy with it so far.  We haven't had any surgeries, (Knock on wood)  I get my meds free.  Hubby not so lucky because he takes Eliquis, which is pretty expensive. 

I figure they are all somewhat the same.  I wish healthcare was less expensive for middle age people who are still working,  I'm speaking of my 40 year old daughter and son in law and grandson. 

How is Finn doing?   Our dog Bella is doing well, but has some health issues.  Waiting for Covid to go away.  It's really interfering with my social life.  HAHA

Take care   Love Carolyn

Kittyarnold

Oct-23

going to the house later....excited...pain is still there otherwise all is well....thank goodness for my loving patient husband...I did manage to get my own socks on today again...LOL

Kittyarnold

Oct-25

good morning Ernie...weather looks yucky for the whole   week....and this morning I heard that one of the days could be a mix of snow north of NY...which is where we are....we plan on moving in tomorrow.....hoping it works....

Cocoa60

Oct-26

Morning Kitty.  Hope your pain goes away soon as you heal.

Exciting time moving into your new house, has been a long process.

I saw the snow in the forecast but rain expected to over run it soon after it falls.

Rode my motorcycle down into Pennsylvania and did a few things for my brother on the farm.

The day after that we had a picnic at the Buttermilk Falls in Ithaca, NY.

Yesterday we took our grands to the zoo.

After the zoo I reseeded a big part of the lawn for grass, finished about dark.  Glad got it done,

Lot of rain coming.

Have a good day and have fun moving in.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Oct-26

we move in till tomorrow....too much to try and rush....we have such a wonderful view out of our windows that I can't wait to sit and watch it fall....still making progress with walking...people coming to check water softener and furnace....couple of things to check and maybe fix....have a wonderful day...

Susan1206

Oct-26

Hi Carolyn,

So very nice to see your post.   Yes, I am very very tired of the virus and the election too.  Soon, the election will be over...COVID...not so sure.  Jim and I have a definite challenge in that I don't believe he is careful about seeing people and dining inside.   I excused myself from his 30 plus birthday gathering for the grandkids this week-end.  I'm sure I am being chastised because of that.....but I truly felt that it was NOT in my best interest.  Megan (medical field) is beside herself at the thought of me being in a gathering (partially inside) with everyone.  So, I've become a big chicken.  Now, daughter-in-law (his) is seeking yet another gathering with four of us being well over the age of people that should be gathering.  I just shake my head.

I did order new cone masks.  Have difficulty breathing through the other ones for any length of time......

Yes, Finn has slowed down.  He will be nine years in January.  Because of my knee, I don't walk him as I should.  Once a week we go off leash and he chases squirrels.  Nice to hear from you.

How old is your grandson now?   Bronwen will be three on the 28th of this month.  What a joy!

((hugs)) and a pat to Bella.

Susan